What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

'Mystery Road', BBC 4, just starting.  Last two episodes of a six parter.  I guess the series will be available on i-player? 

Set in rural Australia.  Murders, drugs, tensions between police & police; tensions between locals & police; racial tensions surrounding Aboriginals & white outsiders.  'Neighbours' it ain't! 

Unfortunately it's also possibly has the most uncharismatic detective in tv history, Jay Swan.  Also stars Sofia Helin from Scandi drama, 'The Bridge', as an archaeologist. 

Edited by Baron99

Watched the last 15 minutes of Jonathan Ross 's Comedy club?,billed as 'some of the country's funniest new comedians',  including the much lauded Katherine Ryan, it was  absolute rubbish, not enough to raise a smile, goes to show how time moves on and youngsters laugh and hollow at anything they say and yet funny it aint

On 01/10/2020 at 11:28, Rockers rule said:

The Third Day 

Finished watching the first part of this two story series on catch up (after switching off the 'Savoy thing')

Very 'Wicker Man to start off with and looked promising if a little dated which actually gave it a quirkiness that was almost enjoyable.

Shame the ending deteriorated into another of those non endings we seem to be getting used to.

There is more to come and again set on the lovely island of Osea in the river Blackwater.

Yes, unnerving mix of The Wicker Man and an M R James ghost story.

Very much enjoyed the first two parts, but the third didn’t pay off for me.  Thought it predictable in the last half-hour. Shame. It started so well. 

It did manage ‘menace’ and ‘foreboding’ marvellously though.

26 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

Yes, unnerving mix of The Wicker Man and an M R James ghost story.

Very much enjoyed the first two parts, but the third didn’t pay off for me.  Thought it predictable in the last half-hour. Shame. It started so well. 

It did manage ‘menace’ and ‘foreboding’ marvellously though.

I feel exactly the same. Hopefully it’ll pick up again in ep. 4.

On 04/10/2020 at 07:52, pintor said:

Watched the last 15 minutes of Jonathan Ross 's Comedy club?,billed as 'some of the country's funniest new comedians',  including the much lauded Katherine Ryan, it was  absolute rubbish, not enough to raise a smile, goes to show how time moves on and youngsters laugh and hollow at anything they say and yet funny it aint

It's an old story really.  That's what gave the rise of alternative comedy initially and that continual generational shift still applies today. 

Looking back at some of the "hillarious" "laugh out loud" "chart topping" comedies / comedians from the 70s 80s they repelled and outraged a gen X-Y crowd with its sexism, stereotyping and racist jokes.    Even more recent going back as little as 10-15 years the trend for edgy/outrageous/shock comedy just shows how times change and muti-award winners such as Little Britain, League of Gentleman, Nighty Night and Brass Eye was still heavily criticised for not being funny, lowbrow and distasteful.  I bet if you showed clips to the current generation of youth their jaws would hit the floor.  

If you ever want a prime example of that comedy generational gap just type in the words "funniest ever" or "hillarious" into youtube/tiktok/Instagram to see what the kids laugh at these days.  Im no pensioner but the mind boggles.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

I've been watching Two Weeks to Live on Sky.

Maisie Williams is brilliant, and its a great and funny/violent premise....but the characterisation just grates.

The bent coppers are straight out of cliche central and the two Asian blokes are just so annoying that I'd really rather they just got killed and we could carry on with Kim and her mum.

It is amusing and fun, but it could have been so much better.

35 minutes ago, taxman said:

I've been watching Two Weeks to Live on Sky.

Maisie Williams is brilliant, and its a great and funny/violent premise....but the characterisation just grates.

The bent coppers are straight out of cliche central and the two Asian blokes are just so annoying that I'd really rather they just got killed and we could carry on with Kim and her mum.

It is amusing and fun, but it could have been so much better.

Yeah, see post 278. I also found the Asian guys annoying. Enough there to warrant a 2nd series though. 

Watched Fish town on bbc, another based around Peterhead and its trawler fleet, given up on it already,  waste of time as you could hardly tell what they were saying, wasn't half as good as the Brixham one imo

Ambulance BBC1

why do they have to put Ambulance : Murder Case and 24 Hours In A & E all at the same time ? 9 pm !!

Edited by pattricia

Millionaire - 

There are usually a lot of films put on at 9pm - 11pm too tired to watch most of them unless it's one of Liam Neeson's action films