What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

'The Spy who loved me'

So’s the wife. She loves all Bond. A fair few of the Roger Moore ones leave me cold though. 

I googled to find out if there was a James Bond museum,  there is one in Austria but there is a Bond car museum in the UK

Edited by nikki-red

On 25/07/2020 at 22:17, Baron99 said:

The Last Wave on BBC 4.  Small, French coastal town gets hit by an enormous wave.  Those that survive, have suddenly got strange powers. 

Last two last night. well worth watching but the ending was a little disappointing.

With out spoiling it for anyone, part of the story has a lighthouse mysteriously transported inland.

No explanation or interest from outside the area to something that would have been a national story surely ?

Filmed in the south of France , lots of strange goings on and well filmed great idea but filmed on a budget ?

On 08/08/2020 at 22:37, cressida said:

I googled to find out if there was a James Bond museum,  there is one in Austria but there is a Bond car museum in the UK

Are Are we talking Bond or Bond?

There is a car museum dedicated to the cars used in the 'Bond' films.

Bond Cars are (or were a different kettle of fish) and ranged from small capacity motorcycle engines that powered the first ones through to car (Hillman Imp) engined 3 wheelers.

(but nothing to do with Bond Bugs because  they were Reliants  but thats a different story)

When all this is over check out  www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk

for a day out..

Back on subject -  just finished watching Perry Mason - with the excellent Matthew Rhys (Mini series) me & HTSBO fully enjoyed this.

OK its nothing like the Raymond Burr Perry Mason (or the books) that we all loved but this updated version certainly had something  addictive about it.

I'm not going to reveal any of the plot line or outcome other than to say, there are twist's and turns throughout and bits that are there to deliberately infuriate you.

Great Acting by all involved.

Loved it - Fully Recommend.

We want more - 2nd series please

Condor Series 2 .

Mentioned this one before.

Totally disappointed, 

Nowhere as good or riveting as the first series. 

Story line is weak, Full of holes and unbelievable wooden acting from the main actor.

I'd give it a miss and watch paint dry.

Series 3 - let's hope not

Edited by nikki-red

On 08/08/2020 at 22:37, cressida said:

If memory serves the royal armouries in leeds had a bond collection once.

Edited by nikki-red

On 11/08/2020 at 13:01, Rockers rule said:

Are Are we talking Bond or Bond?

There is a car museum dedicated to the cars used in the 'Bond' films.

Bond Cars are (or were a different kettle of fish) and ranged from small capacity motorcycle engines that powered the first ones through to car (Hillman Imp) engined 3 wheelers.

(but nothing to do with Bond Bugs because  they were Reliants  but thats a different story)

When all this is over check out  www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk

for a day out..

Back on subject -  just finished watching Perry Mason - with the excellent Matthew Rhys (Mini series) me & HTSBO fully enjoyed this.

OK its nothing like the Raymond Burr Perry Mason (or the books) that we all loved but this updated version certainly had something  addictive about it.

I'm not going to reveal any of the plot line or outcome other than to say, there are twist's and turns throughout and bits that are there to deliberately infuriate you.

Great Acting by all involved.

Loved it - Fully Recommend.

We want more - 2nd series please

Condor Series 2 .

Mentioned this one before.

Totally disappointed, 

Nowhere as good or riveting as the first series. 

Story line is weak, Full of holes and unbelievable wooden acting from the main actor.

I'd give it a miss and watch paint dry.

Series 3 - let's hope not

An old work colleague down Heeley way had a Bond Equipe when I knew him in the 80s. Nice looking motor. 

Re-run of 'The Bridge'.  Just started on BBC4. 

Harlots, BBC I Player,  Oooh! Matron!,   :blush:

The twilight zone. Wanted to like it, didnt like it, binned it after two episodes. Decent cast and production in both but just left me flat.