What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Exactly my point.  Why is he on presenting snooker?  Why is ex-jockey Clare often on the box commentating on many other sports, why are so many women commentating on mens football?, why did I turn my tele on recently and see so-called comedian Tom Allen commentating on a football match?

In all of them, I'd rather have people presenting and commentating on sports they either currently perform in at the top level, or did in the past.  They are the ones that know the sport, and have competed against or alongside the people that are commentating on.  That adds so much to their input.

Clare Balding was commentating on the Boat Race the other week,  what about the saying,  horses for coursers,  not saying she looks like a horse or owt.  :gag:

20 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Exactly my point.  Why is he on presenting snooker?  Why is ex-jockey Clare often on the box commentating on many other sports, why are so many women commentating on mens football?, why did I turn my tele on recently and see so-called comedian Tom Allen commentating on a football match?

In all of them, I'd rather have people presenting and commentating on sports they either currently perform in at the top level, or did in the past.  They are the ones that know the sport, and have competed against or alongside the people that are commentating on.  That adds so much to their input.

Wonder what they'd say if you went to see a comedian and a footballer/golfer/rugby player did the gig?

3 hours ago, pintor said:

Thing is most tv pundits are failed managers and try and tell the likes of Klopp where he's gone wrong,rest have never tried management but who else could we have on.

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

Thing is most tv pundits are failed managers and try and tell the likes of Klopp where he's gone wrong,rest have never tried management but who else could we have on.

Ex managers and ex top flight players are at least football men and can discuss players they've played with (often the same players who are playing now), similar situations they were in, with in-depth knowledge of the referees, the clubs etc.

Loose Men,eh,just been told this has been on today,what next.

9 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

I still think the "Woke" community needs to shut up.

Seriously no one outside of lefty Guardian readers who think everything is potentially offensive gives a hoot! :loopy: 

Guest sibon
5 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

I still think the "Woke" community needs to shut up.

Seriously no one outside of lefty Guardian readers who think everything is potentially offensive gives a hoot! :loopy: 

Do you always try to close down discussion, Rich?

I think people who think that people with opinions should shut up, should shut up themselves.

What do you think?

16 hours ago, sibon said:

Do you always try to close down discussion, Rich?

I think people who think that people with opinions should shut up, should shut up themselves.

What do you think?

I take no notice,anyone on here think Tom Allen's funny?

On 13/05/2021 at 17:46, ukdobby said:

Did they have a 20 something actress on, young enough to be their daughter / grand daughter & were they salavating over her & making suggestive, risqué sexual references? 

Otherwise, it'd be nothing like the average 'Loose Women' episodes that I've caught over the years. 

13 hours ago, ukdobby said:

I take no notice,anyone on here think Tom Allen's funny?

I think he's hilarious. I like his cutting remarks & put downs. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Did they have a 20 something actress on, young enough to be their daughter / grand daughter & were they salavating over her & making suggestive, risqué sexual references? 

Otherwise, it'd be nothing like the average 'Loose Women' episodes that I've caught over the years. 

I think he's hilarious. I like his cutting remarks & put downs. 

Don't know didn't watch it but know where you coming from.

I just can't take to Tom Allen,maybe he's on too much.

'Rebus' starring John Hannah on the Drama channel.