What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

Fanny Cradock Cooks for Christmas on iplayer.  It’s dated, but it was made in 1974.  What can I say about her, other than she was no Nigella Lawson in her time. She reminds me of Cruella de Vil. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p05jv04g

22 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Anyone else seen the first couple of episodes of WandaVision on Disney? I love that they've gone all Bewitched. Very clever.

download.jpg

I gave this a go and really wasn't sure where it was going in the first episode. Second one much improved. Elizabeth Olsen is a delight.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

I gave this a go and really wasn't sure where it was going in the first episode. Second one much improved. Elizabeth Olsen is a delight.

I enjoyed the 2nd episode when Bettany lapsed into his 'real' English accent during the conjuring display. Funny.

Looking forward to how it develops. If she can bring Vision back from the dead, then why not her brother too?

The whole 'Bewitched' angle is a lot of fun.

On 18/01/2021 at 18:30, wearysmith said:

I enjoyed the 2nd episode when Bettany lapsed into his 'real' English accent during the conjuring display. Funny.

Looking forward to how it develops. If she can bring Vision back from the dead, then why not her brother too?

The whole 'Bewitched' angle is a lot of fun.

Watched 2 episodes and have no idea whats going on or what this series is about.

However being a Marvel fan, is one reason I'll probably stick it out a bit longer and see what further episodes bring.

Like others, I enjoyed the Pembrokeshire Murders.  I also enjoyed Traces, which ended last night, although the main character Emma, got on my nerves a bit. On Sunday nights I am currently enjoying The Great. I realise that it’s probably heavy fictionalised but I find it quirky and amusing at times. 

Really enjoyed The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Truth seekers (Prime). Currently watching The Mandalorian and on season 2 of Man In the High Castle.

Just finished the latest series of Star Trek Discovery. I still don't know why this doesn't get as much love as earlier series, I really enjoyed it. Whether it was gay people or time travel that puts people off, but the finale had plenty of excitement and a good (albeit parts of it were a well trodden star trek) storyline. 

33 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Just finished the latest series of Star Trek Discovery. I still don't know why this doesn't get as much love as earlier series, I really enjoyed it. Whether it was gay people or time travel that puts people off, but the finale had plenty of excitement and a good (albeit parts of it were a well trodden star trek) storyline. 

I'm half way through the second series and agree that it deserves better reviews than I've seen. Perhaps it's the mushroom propelled travel that stretches people's credulity. 

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

They got a lot of flak Stateside for being too woke with it all. That last episode really felt like a last-ever episode. Hope I'm wrong.

This, and the last few series of Dr Who, I've felt I'm being preached to. Like I said on another thread here a little while back, too many programs feel like a tick list: Have we got enough of the gays in? Have we got enough diversity/ethnics/religion in? Have we got a disabled blind guy in?  It's all too annoying.  TV and films are lesser now, because they're more.

Some shows are more like watching a public awareness film than serious drama. Of course, there will be those that prefer the modern way of story-telling.

44 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

They got a lot of flak Stateside for being too woke with it all. That last episode really felt like a last-ever episode. Hope I'm wrong.

This, and the last few series of Dr Who, I've felt I'm being preached to. Like I said on another thread here a little while back, too many programs feel like a tick list: Have we got enough of the gays in? Have we got enough diversity/ethnics/religion in? Have we got a disabled blind guy in?  It's all too annoying.  TV and films are lesser now, because they're more.

Some shows are more like watching a public awareness film than serious drama. Of course, there will be those that prefer the modern way of story-telling.

It doesn't feel forced in star trek discovery (apart from the needless paragraph at the end). Ok there are gay couples, the young kids (pan sexual? I don't know) are really only reflecting the way the world is now. It's not a stretch, certainly if you're under 20. Over 40 or 50 it might be a bit much. I'm thoroughly modern (ha!) so it doesn't bother me as its well written, plenty of action.

Bear in mind, the original Star trek was the first tv show in America  tv (arguably) to show a couple of two different races kiss, so they have form of pushing boundaries.

Dr who, it does feel forced. The writing is sub standard. Bradley walsh and Jodie Whittaker have been hamstrung. 

Started watching  The investigation,  first episode so gave it half an hour, all about a journalist in a submarine that sunk!,  that should have told me everything, half an hour of phones ringing,  mobiles, car phones, etc obsessive every 30 seconds, to cap it all it was sub ( no pun intended) titled!.

Absolute rubbish from the BBC!