What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

THE VANISHING OF SUZY LAMPLUGH

It’s a documentary about Suzy the estate agent who vanished in 1986 after meeting a client at a property he wanted to view.  Although she has now been declared dead her body has never been found.  However John Cannon who is currently in prison is the main suspect of her murder but there isn’t enough evidence to charge him, he is due for parole in a few years time.

I watched a similar documentary about Claudia Lawrence and it makes you wonder how the families deal with their loved ones disappearance.  When  the police have declared them dead but their bodies have never been found, and no one officially has been charged with their deaths.  I suspect it’s because they want answers, and to see justice, but I’m sure a small part of them believes that one day they will walk through the door again, until a body has been found.

Speaking of documentaries I've been doing Evil Genius on Netflix. If it was written as fiction youd think it far fetched.

Also watched Ripper on Netflix about the Yorkshire ripper, or rather the investigation and how it was all presented in the media. Definate change of pace from your regular true crime and worth a watch.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Speaking of documentaries I've been doing Evil Genius on Netflix. If it was written as fiction youd think it far fetched.

Also watched Ripper on Netflix about the Yorkshire ripper, or rather the investigation and how it was all presented in the media. Definate change of pace from your regular true crime and worth a watch.

I haven’t watched the Yorkshire Ripper yet but I was told by someone on here that it’s very good, so it’s on my list to watch.

5 hours ago, hauxwell said:

THE VANISHING OF SUZY LAMPLUGH

It’s a documentary about Suzy the estate agent who vanished in 1986 after meeting a client at a property he wanted to view.  Although she has now been declared dead her body has never been found.  However John Cannon who is currently in prison is the main suspect of her murder but there isn’t enough evidence to charge him, he is due for parole in a few years time.

I watched a similar documentary about Claudia Lawrence and it makes you wonder how the families deal with their loved ones disappearance.  When  the police have declared them dead but their bodies have never been found, and no one officially has been charged with their deaths.  I suspect it’s because they want answers, and to see justice, but I’m sure a small part of them believes that one day they will walk through the door again, until a body has been found.

These are my favourite type of programmes. Fact is always more fascinating than fiction.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

These are my favourite type of programmes. Fact is always more fascinating than fiction.

Yes I thought they were both good, but very sad.  What an awful situation for the families to be in, how do they move on with their  lives,  they haven’t even got anywhere to go and grieve for their loved ones.

12 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Yes I thought they were both good, but very sad.  What an awful situation for the families to be in, how do they move on with their  lives,  they haven’t even got anywhere to go and grieve for their loved ones.

Yes, we have to count our blessings don’t we ?  They were supposed to be bringing a new law out that if a murderer didn’t disclose where he had hid a body, his sentence would be increased, but I don’t know whether that has been passed yet.

8 hours ago, pattricia said:

Yes, we have to count our blessings don’t we ?  They were supposed to be bringing a new law out that if a murderer didn’t disclose where he had hid a body, his sentence would be increased, but I don’t know whether that has been passed yet.

Yes there was something on the news about that and I also don’t know if it’s been passed.  

'Spiral'. BBC FOUR. Episodes 1 and 2 of the latest series of this gritty, French, police drama.

Just watched Dancing on Thin Ice. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Torville and Dean were travelling around Alaska highlighting the effects of global warming whilst looking for a suitable lake to perform Bolero. The scenery was stunning and their performance at the end was amazing.  I think it was the best programme that been on this Christmas.

On 31/12/2020 at 08:03, pattricia said:

Helen’s Law became law yesterday, but it doesn’t allow for sentences to be increased. Prisoners can be refused parole for non-disclosure but can still be paroled if deemed to be no longer a threat to the public. In practice, all the new law does is to force parole boards to consider whether a prisoner has been cooperative. As ever, the victim’s family is the last to be considered.

Dr Who new year special. I want Jodie Whitaker to do well, but this was utter guff. Better writers required!

On 30/12/2020 at 15:29, tinfoilhat said:

I thought the Ripper series on NF was brilliant.

Surprised me as I thought it would just be another 'add on' to numerous others like it.

Next week Netflix will do a series on Richard Ramirez, aka  The Night Stalker.

I remember when this guy was captured, as recall news stories. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Edited by Guest