What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

The Boy Who’s Skin Fell Off.   Best thing I’ve ever seen on tv. A young man with a rare hereditary skin disease .

Sounds Appealing

tut tut

Celebrity Antiques Road Trip

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Sounds Appealing

The young man in question is now dead, but it really was a programme that made you think.

Just watchin Star Trek Enterprise, needed to escape from this Planet for a while.  :hihi:

I shall be watching my daily fix of Corrie, from about 30yrs ago.. 14-50 on channel 10... ITV 3.

The humour is second to none, not like the rubbish they show nowadays.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I shall be watching my daily fix of Corrie, from about 30yrs ago.. 14-50 on channel 10... ITV 3.

The humour is second to none, not like the rubbish they show nowadays.

Im escaping the Planet and your going back in time,   seems like two good ideas. :thumbsup:

On 26/04/2020 at 23:04, Baron99 said:

New adaptation of 'Van der Valk' starring Marc Warren.  At least it's something a bit more meatier from ITV on a Sunday night other than the usual period or cosy, warm hearted drama. 

However it's the usual, formulaic cop drama.  Loner, maverick cop, no regards for the rules, as do the small team that he leads.  All the police work is done on a bar not the station for some reason?  As for it being set in Amsterdam, it could have been set anywhere. 

Also think that Warren is mis-cast in the main role.  He doesn't have the gravitas to be a police inspector & with the cockney accent, I expect the rest of the 'Hustle' team to show up. 

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's working either - yet. The makers are to be commended that nothing's rushed and not crammed neatly into 42 minutes episodes. I like that it's long and sprawling. just as adult entertainment should be. But is Warren Van der Valk? Hmm. Need to see more I reckon. He'll probably settle in to the role (or 'new' viewers will just accept him without referencing Barry Foster every two minutes). The original was gritty and the remake certainly has retained that.  

I've been watching the Matt Helm films from the sixties which I vaguely remember seeing when they first came out. They're very silly with wafer thin plots but Dean Martin's easy going charm makes them enjoyable. Anyone who's seen 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' will recognise a couple of scenes featuring Sharon Tate in the last one.

Just started on channel 81, (Talking Pictures).  "The Boys from Brazil." 

Oh dear more repeats

Cardinal, is anyone else having trouble telling what they are saying!?