What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

Just finished the second series of DC's Titans. Excellent quality, script-wise. The actors look far more comfortable in their roles now the program's more establish. Interesting amount of the 'f' word thrown into a 'capes' series. Definitely humanises it.

Before that the beloved and I watched the final series of 'Elementary'. Sad to see it go. Lucy Liu was hot as a blonde.

Next batch up to binge is 'Temple'. Saw the first episode last night. Not sure what to make of it. Was in London a few weeks ago and friends who live down that way took us to see where it was filmed.

Mixed feelings about the final ever series of 'Doc Martin'. I blow hot & cold with that. It's taking me an age to finish it. (The wife's already bailed). 

Just downloaded from BBC i-player & watch the 1st episode of "Good Omens", starring Michael Sheen & David Tennant as good & bad angels. 

Based on a book by Terry Prachett.  Very original & funny.  Looking forward to watching the rest. 

Episode 1 is available for about a week on i-player. 

On 29/01/2020 at 16:44, wearysmith said:

Just finished the second series of DC's Titans. Excellent quality, script-wise. The actors look far more comfortable in their roles now the program's more establish. Interesting amount of the 'f' word thrown into a 'capes' series. Definitely humanises it.

For the sake of my neighbours I’ve reduced to daytime viewing. It’s goes from whisper whisper mumble mumble “turn it up I can’t hear sod all” to bombastic explosions and loud music “turn it down next door will think War has started”. 

But I will miss elementary, always decent viewing. Which you can hear as well!

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Just downloaded from BBC i-player & watch the 1st episode of "Good Omens", starring Michael Sheen & David Tennant as good & bad angels. 

Based on a book by Terry Prachett.  Very original & funny.  Looking forward to watching the rest. 

Episode 1 is available for about a week on i-player. 

Read the book many years ago & been waiting for them to make the film ever since.

Think they got it right with Sheen & Tennant as the main characters.

keep watching you won't be disapointed.

The UnXplained with William Shatner

The subject matter of these is right up my street...

Evil places.
Mysterious structures.
Unnatural nature.
Strange creatures.
Bizarre rituals.
Beyond death.

Very interesting and made even more entertaining by how massively cheesy and over dramatic William Shatner is...  :hihi::hihi::hihi:

13 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Very interesting and made even more entertaining by how massively cheesy and over dramatic William Shatner is...  :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Shatner?

Over dramatic?

Whatever.......     

Do.........

You................mean?

😉

Anyone see 'Temple'? Still got two episodes to go. I like the steady pace, the script's building blocks throughout the series and the underlaying sense of menace mixed in with despair.  This close to the end and I can't see a happy ending for any of the characters. Will watch the final 2 over the weekend.

just finished watching the last of  The White House Farm  murders.

It was very well put together and for a change you could hear every thing they were saying, no mumbling here.

There is more to the early years of this story  it appears  Sheila  Caffells grandfather  the Reverend Canon  Jay played a part in the crowning of Queen Elizabeth  2nd  on Coronation day.  His  unmarried daughter Christine  had a baby in 1957  and was sent away to have the baby so no one would know. Reverend  Jay wanted his baby granddaughter  to be adopted to a good home so he approached  his old  RAF friend

and his childless wife , hence the Bambers.

Sheila Bamber grew up with their other adopted child Jeremy who she didn't  particularly  like and she didn't  get on with her step mother but she did like her step father.

She suffered from depression  and decided to trace her birth mother Christine, when she found her they got on like a house on fire which helped her with her depression. 

Then this tragic  event happened at the farm. 

Her husband still kept in touch with her birth mother and I'm  just about to read his book which I bought today, should be interesting reading.

In Search of the Rainbows End.  Colin Caffell.

We're about 5 weeks behind on NCIS: Los Angeles. Enjoying getting back into them again. Gerald McRaney, as retired navy admiral Hollace Kilbride, in last night's episode 'Hail Mary', was one of the funniest performances I've seen on tv in many a moon. My new hero.

Been watching the old Sunday night at the London Paladium  on 81 on a Sunday night, it hasn't moved on to colour yet but I wish they had kept the old adverts in instead of replacing them with modern day  ones.