What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

2 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Too many dangling willies !

They weren't all dangling though...

9 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Oops a daisy !  :blush: oooh Matron.  :hihi:

Edited by PRESLEY

20 minutes ago, pattricia said:

You must enjoy watching it, you seem to be watching it every week.

1 hour ago, jaffa1 said:

You must enjoy watching it, you seem to be watching it every week.

Believe me I have to force myself.! ( coughs) !

12 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Believe me I have to force myself.! ( coughs) !

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm currently enduring 'Grantchester' with scrawny, little rat-faced, Robson Green as its star actor, although the wife likes him for some reason. 

Can anyone explain to me why a detective has a vicar as his side-kick?  Even during interrogation interviews the vicar sits in offering his opinion & questioning the accused?  No other detective or lawyer around?

I don't get it? 

Edited by Baron99

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I'm currently enduring 'Grantchester' with scrawny, little rat-faced, Robson Green as its star actor, although the wife likes him for some reason. 

Can anyone explain to me why a detective has a vicar as his side-kick?  Even during interrogation interviews the vicar sits in offering his opinion & questioning the accused?  No other detective or lawyer around?

I don't get it? 

A cop-plus-one is a very well trodden path.

14 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I don't get it? 

You might as well ask why a little old knitter lady runs rings around the police in St Mary Mead; why forensic pathologists, anthropologists and psychologists are risking life and limb to solve crimes too cunning for dim-witted detectives in every crime thriller written in the 90s; why it takes about half a day to turn around DNA tests in  said thrillers; or why Charlie Parker might, or perhaps might not, be part fallen angel in John Connolly's excellent private detective series. 

The Grantchester books and, I presume, the TV programme, are cosy, silly nonsense that you buy into and happily suspend your disbelief because you like the fictional world the author created. They're not meant to be a documentary on 50s police procedure.

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

You might as well ask why a little old knitter lady runs rings around the police in St Mary Mead; why forensic pathologists, anthropologists and psychologists are risking life and limb to solve crimes too cunning for dim-witted detectives in every crime thriller written in the 90s; why it takes about half a day to turn around DNA tests in  said thrillers; or why Charlie Parker might, or perhaps might not, be part fallen angel in John Connolly's excellent private detective series. 

The Grantchester books and, I presume, the TV programme, are cosy, silly nonsense that you buy into and happily suspend your disbelief because you like the fictional world the author created. They're not meant to be a documentary on 50s police procedure.

I did along list of occupations of police sidekicks but my phone crashed and I couldn't be arsed to do it again.

You can have a reformed werewolf sidekick as long as it's within your rules of your universe and doesn't stray too far from your genre.  Break those rules and readers/viewers will thud out of their willing suspension of disbelief quicker than you can say 'you've got to be kidding me!'  

For instance, establish your supernatural universe and have your PI be a warlock in an otherwise mundane and realistic 1980s Sheffield, just don't then set Rackhams on The Moor and have Atkinsons on Fargate.  Don't have your scientist work in a proper lab (and so with proper lab rules and expectations), then have it lit by mood lighting and stocked with random bottles, flasks and cylinders of brightly coloured liquids.  Look at this nonsense:

Another example: I read a tale a while back about a police detective in Edinburgh which was all a bit Frost, a bit Morse, a bit Dalziel and Pascoe.  Until the last few pages when it turned out that A DEMON DID IT! You've got to be fecking kidding me!'  Thud.  I love a good supernatural detective/crime/PI story (Dresden, Merrily Watkins et al), just don't spring one on me in chapter 58 when I think I've been reading Rebus-lite.

Edited by Guest

The Greatest Dancer.   It’s a dance competition.   I didn’t watch it last year when it first started, thought I would give it a try this year and I like it.

Thoroughly enjoying burning through Project Blue Book.  It's everything that The X-Files reboot should have been.

Also attempting to catch up with Supernatural before the final season, but the Metatron and angel war storylines are a bit of a hard slog.