Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Oli McBurnie Charged With Drink Driving.

Poor from this guy. We had Arsenal at home 2 days later as well. We don't need anyone with those attitudes at the club when they're in the survival state they're in now. It's a waste of a lot of money but for me other players have produced more. I'd bench him and use him only IF we really need him to fill in for an injured player. 

13 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Based on that snippet Keogh should win his appeal and get a big payday. What did he actually do wrong?

Haven’t they ended his contract as he was out injured due to a leg injury sustained in the car that two colleagues were driving under the influence?  HIs contract is up in June 2021 and Derby Owner tried to change contract to stop Keogh being paid his £25k wages whilst out injured for next 18 months for a fault of his own doing.

Hardly same with what McBurnie has done. By that I mean he didn’t injure himself (or anyone for that matter). And no I do not condone drink driving of any sort. Personally I would be fining him a hefty figure though at a minimum and making him work in the community for remainder of his contract or ban (whichever was the longer). 

On 31/10/2019 at 14:46, Jim Hardie said:

If he's useful to the club he'll gets a slap on the wrist. If not, he'll be sacked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50242841

20 million says he won't get sacked🙂 I did hear he was out drinking the night before and went out in car next morning not realising he'd be over the limit still. Not as bad as the Derby players but should know better still

3 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

20 million says he won't get sacked🙂 I did hear he was out drinking the night before and went out in car next morning not realising he'd be over the limit still. Not as bad as the Derby players but should know better still

Not broke his leg and still a saleable asset, so still useful to the club. Not a chance of him being sacked. 

4 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Well if that's the case, I for one shouldn't throw any barbs his way as I could have been done on many a Monday morning when I was working and driving to work, neither of which I do anymore. There would be little chance of catching me these days even if I did drive, because after 53 years of working I can't seem to get out of bed before 10am anyways. let alone drive anywhere, lol

56 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Not broke his leg and still a saleable asset, so still useful to the club. Not a chance of him being sacked. 

Very cynical, but very true, c'est la vie, eh? :nod: