Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Blades V Gunners

Only 1-0 against £300m worth of opposition? I'm disappointed 😂

Fear Nobody! 

COME ON YOU BLADES!

Awesome , what a team.. every player puts a shift in.. we fear no one.

Had 5Live on in car and they were lavishing praise on utd and wilder and rightly so,the arsenal fans were ruthless LOL tore into their manager.

They drew the comparisons in players and their backgrounds,stark contrast or what.

Fair play they keep turning out good results and the crowd are loving it,rightly so!

30 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Had 5Live on in car and they were lavishing praise on utd and wilder and rightly so,the arsenal fans were ruthless LOL tore into their manager.

They drew the comparisons in players and their backgrounds,stark contrast or what.

Fair play they keep turning out good results and the crowd are loving it,rightly so!

It is 100% warranted mate.

We are no world beaters in terms of overall quality, however we exhibit the qualities of every successful, traditional team.

We have the joint best defensive record for one reason only, we throw bodies on the line and we fight doggedly for one and other. The level of discipline and professionalism is exemplary.

We might not have hundreds of millions of quid worth of talent in the squad, but you can't buy what we have. We aren't a team, we are an army....a band of brothers who are out to prove everyone wrong.  We've been the unfashionable underdogs for a long time now and we relish in the title! 

Earlier pundits commented on our unorthodox tactics on sky sports news.... asking "why don't more teams adapt to a highly successful sheffield united model"......The answer is simple...because we are Sheffield United....not real Madrid, chelsea, man city or Brazil.

Let's not get carried away, we aren't European bound!....We have one goal! SURVIVAL....and a dozen more performances like tonight will guarantee this!

Never been a prouder supporter of the club!....You know what, I'm starting to buy I to the thoughts now. It's time for yorkshire dominance....I want to survive and I want the neighbours to take root in the table also. I would even welcome the dirty ones. 

I'm ever the eternal pessimist when it comes to the Blades but tonight there was something " in the air" about the Blades, the kop crowd were  expectant and a win seemed written in the stars. That feeling wasn't there against Leicester or Southampton strangely before kick off.

Long way to go yet. Being able to name the same back 5 or 6 and a consistent midfield is obviously working

Great performance, only one team were going to win tonight.

I watched a replay of that United win over Arsenal with Jag taking over the goalie's job just the day before (Sunday), and thought then this could be another win for the Blades. Aside from the top two, the premiership is not a closed shop this year, could be a great chance for the Blades to make a name for themselves up there. Keep it up lads. So nice to see  Man U. five places below eh? :nod:

Edited by Ontarian1981

18 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Arsenal although sitting in 5th have not really caught the attention, Aubameyang has been by far their best player but they look a little weak defensively, United will create chances in this one but putting them away has been the issue of the season so far.

Aubameyang didn't look interested at all last night & it's clear that David Luis is passed his best but the Blades can only play what's in front of them. 

Arsenal players could give Tom Daley a run for his money in the diving stakes. Luckily the ref wasn't conned in most cases. 

Good strong defensive display again from the Blades but I do wish they would stop defending so deep in the second half of a game.  For the first time, I thought Sharp looked out of his depth last night. 

Can't stop looking at the league table.

Very well done you Blades, putting Sheffield back on the footballing map.

Blades very impressive. Especially first half