Brook Hill Roundabout (University Sq) Weekend Works.

15 minutes ago, ads36 said:

we can't fix congestion by taking out a few pedestrian crossings.

I can't fix being fat by loosening my belt.

No but these are new . There was  already 3 within 100 metres now there are 5 . Why so many ? 

5? within 100 metres?

that's just not true is it.

56 minutes ago, ads36 said:

5? within 100 metres?

that's just not true is it.

Not far off distance wise . I’m old so you’ll have to allow me a couple of metres .😊

4 hours ago, autumn said:

Why so many ? 

If you’ve been up there, you will have seen the vast numbers of students who need to cross, so why do you need to ask

52 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

If you’ve been up there, you will have seen the vast numbers of students who need to cross, so why do you need to as

Just now, autumn said:
54 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

If you’ve been up there, you will have seen the vast numbers of students who need to cross, so why do you need to as

Then carry on having a city who’s pollution levels are way way above acceptable levels . Every single new road plan that has been implemented over the past few years has been absurd .

Im trying to keep my cool here  because it’s a subject that infuriates me .

33 minutes ago, autumn said:

Then carry on having a city who’s pollution levels are way way above acceptable levels . Every single new road plan that has been implemented over the past few years has been absurd .

Im trying to keep my cool here  because it’s a subject that infuriates me .

Pollution levels won't get to acceptable levels if we keep on using motor vehicles in the same way we are now. Giving priority to pedestrians and cyclists is one way of encouraging more people to use active travel modes. It is national, regional and local policy to encourage and prioritise active travel and public transport.

The car is no longer king and has not been so for some time now. That isn't going to change and if anything, there are likely to be more restrictions, so you'd best get used to it.

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

Pollution levels won't get to acceptable levels if we keep on using motor vehicles in the same way we are now. Giving priority to pedestrians and cyclists is one way of encouraging more people to use active travel modes. It is national, regional and local policy to encourage and prioritise active travel and public transport.

The car is no longer king and has not been so for some time now. That isn't going to change and if anything, there are likely to be more restrictions, so you'd best get used to it.

Well maybe if public transport ran better more people would use it . The debacle that was the repairs to the tram tracks in the summer is a prime example . 

On 21/10/2019 at 20:47, autumn said:

Well maybe if public transport ran better more people would use it . The debacle that was the repairs to the tram tracks in the summer is a prime example . 

No they wouldn't, they're too lazy. Even if it was door to door, plenty would still use their cars.

Cars shouldn't be allowed in city centres without good reason. Pedestrianised areas are much more pleasant, the temporary pedestrianisation of Division St being a good example. 

Edited by Bargepole23