Top Class Fleetwood Market

having visited this top class market,full ,busy 

WHY CANNOT WE CHECK IT OUT

why cannot we send our councillors to look at this vibrant,busy successfull market,i think they could learn from it,what do others think?

12 minutes ago, bassett one said:

why cannot we send our councillors to look at this vibrant,busy successfull market,i think they could learn from it,what do others think?

Mainly cheap cllothes / junk stalls, no food stalls according to a lot of people on trip advisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g503941-d3854257-r717878060-Fleetwood_Market-Fleetwood_Wyre_District_Lancashire_England.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g503941-d3854257-r713977576-Fleetwood_Market-Fleetwood_Wyre_District_Lancashire_England.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g503941-d3854257-r713914339-Fleetwood_Market-Fleetwood_Wyre_District_Lancashire_England.html

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

I went last year, great market ,can't wait to go back.

Here’s an idea. 

Why don’t people who want a good market, make more of an effort to use the one we’ve got.

That is a sure fire way of helping it to improve.

18 hours ago, bassett one said:

What did you buy?

it was a great market and there was 4 of us,we bought great clothes,handbags,mens clothes,sweets,had a nice coffee/tea and cakes,the amount of stalls were great and varied,3 cafes (not enough) for demand,ours wins on that one,busy and bustling is the word i would use,i am only saying pity ours apart from food areas is quiet and all them empty stalls dont help,at fleetwood there were no empty stalls,so if we could replicate or try to find out why all there stalls are occupied and we have so many empty.

Try the much more popular and older and established Bury market, much closer than Fleetwood -it has trams and steam trains for the bored! 

Cheap train fares using a Sheffield to Grindleford return and a Greater Manchester Wayfarer(available on the stopper- non-stop on return). The tram fare from Piccadilly to Bury is included. 

9 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Here’s an idea. 

Why don’t people who want a good market, make more of an effort to use the one we’ve got.

Because it's crap, not a patch on the old Castle Market.

Just now, jaffa1 said:

Because it's crap, not a patch on the old Castle Market.

It isn’t as dirty, smelly or inaccessible. I’ll grant you that.

If you want a good market, use the one we have. The more people use it, the more traders it will attract.

It is a lovely market anyway. Stop moaning.

10 hours ago, Pettytom said:

It isn’t as dirty, smelly or inaccessible. I’ll grant you that.

If you want a good market, use the one we have. The more people use it, the more traders it will attract.

It is a lovely market anyway. Stop moaning.

Our new market is a disgrace.

I used to like the old Castle Market and the old Rag n Tag (my mum used to work in the café there) but things have to move on. I no longer live in Sheffield but visit regularly and like to go in the market down the Moor. I see nothing wrong with it. It is not much different to any other market these days (the ones that are still there that is). After reading how good Fleetwood market was and that there are coach tours to it thought we would have a look next time in Blackpool. Had a look and that is all I can say, it is only worth a look. It is very small, more like a souk. That many people walking about you can't see much, a lot of it was second hand. We was in and out in a few minutes. If I had paid for a coach tour would have been disappointed. We walked further on the road to the Affinity Outlet, much better.

The outlet is the same as all the others up and down the country though.  I used to love it, admittedly, but I appreciate them less and less as every high street, outlet and mall look the same.  Markets bring vibrancy, quirkiness, and alternatives to the big chains.