Mp Gill Furniss

On 19/10/2019 at 17:19, Tigerfan said:

Given she has voted against Brexit in every vote so far against the will of her constituents should she be removed from her seat ?

Certainly whilst she is my labour candidate mine will be one voe labour will not be getting. 

Has she done anything that you approve of? She seems to be a committed MP to me.

When choosing who to vote for, surely you consider more than one issue. Gill Furniss seems to represent her constituents very well, in many areas.

You can trust my views on how to decide who to vote for, because I voted for J. O’Mara at the last election 😀

On 20/10/2019 at 21:57, Pettytom said:

Has she done anything that you approve of? She seems to be a committed MP to me.

When choosing who to vote for, surely you consider more than one issue. Gill Furniss seems to represent her constituents very well, in many areas.

You can trust my views on how to decide who to vote for, because I voted for J. O’Mara at the last election 😀

I voted to come out of europe as did the majority of her constituents and as such expect my MP to reflect the wishes  of her constituents (the people who voted for her). Its a bit difficult to reflect other wise on her efforts as an MP as Brexit seems to  be the  be all and end all  at present.  But if she is not representing the votes of her constituents she voted wice against Brexit the other evening.  on the main topic at present how can she be trusted to vote to help her constituents in the future. 

She maybe the nicest most hard working lady on the planet but if she doesnt represent the views of the majority of her constituents  on the biggest issue for generations then in my opinion she is not  doing doing her job correcctly  but in it for herself .  Though saying that she is not the only on. 

22 hours ago, Tigerfan said:

I voted to come out of europe as did the majority of her constituents and as such expect my MP to reflect the wishes  of her constituents (the people who voted for her). 

That is not how it works. MPs are not delegates. They set out their beliefs at an election and that's what you get. Gill Furniss made no secret of supporting remain and her constituents still voted for her.  She voted for article 50 and so fulfilled her pledge to respect the result of the referendum, but has subsequently not voted for the job destroying, economically damaging deals brought back by two Tory PMs. The problem is that the 2016 Leave Campaign did not specify what deal it wanted, so if you have ten leavers in a room, you get ten different opinions on what "Leave" means. 

Many MPs are not elected by a majority of their constituents. In the recent Peterborough by-election, Labour won with 31% of the vote. So presumably, the majority of that MP's constituents are not going to agree with most of what she does because 69% did not vote for her. 

On 24/10/2019 at 12:55, Tigerfan said:

I voted to come out of europe as did the majority of her constituents and as such expect my MP to reflect the wishes  of her constituents (the people who voted for her). Its a bit difficult to reflect other wise on her efforts as an MP as Brexit seems to  be the  be all and end all  at present.  But if she is not representing the votes of her constituents she voted wice against Brexit the other evening.  on the main topic at present how can she be trusted to vote to help her constituents in the future. 

She maybe the nicest most hard working lady on the planet but if she doesnt represent the views of the majority of her constituents  on the biggest issue for generations then in my opinion she is not  doing doing her job correcctly  but in it for herself .  Though saying that she is not the only on. 

Has it occurred to you that Ms Furniss' constituents might have more pressing concerns in their lives than Brexit?

On 24/10/2019 at 12:55, Tigerfan said:

Just to clarify, “constituents” is a much wider group than “the people who voted for her”. For all we know, the majority of people who voted for her may be keen remainers.

Regardless of that, her constituents as a whole are pro brexit. But of course we don’t know what version of brexit each voter wanted or expected. Her job is to do the best she can for the country in general and her constituents in particular. If, in her opinion, that is best achieved by remaining in the EU or, if leaving, by having the softest of brexits, then it is her duty to work towards one of these. That she is doing this at the risk of alienating potential voters shows a degree of bravery which should be applauded.