Builder's Tea

13 hours ago, Dardandec said:

I can only drink builders tea. 1/2 a sugar and milk, massive mug, and as strong as you can get it. Yorkshire tea is awesome for strength, other brands are available. ;)

My wife has it like dish water, and I mean literally the tea bag in for a second or two. :gag:  Fortunately if she makes a brew, she knows how I like mine. :)

I agree Yorkshire Tea can be strong if you leave it to stew !! we have been drinking it for years.  Had a works manager who insisted on having two teabags brewing in the same cup for a good five minutes,then adding a dash of milk !! How the hell could that be drunk .

Mashing time on the site where I started my working life in 1960 involved brewing up in one of those metal mashing cans, the one's where the lid became the cup! each builder leaving his can by the water boiler, every can containing a mashing of tea, some with a mix of tea and sugar in a twisted up square of newspaper(no tea bags then)

Five minutes before the break the mashing was dispensed into the can (usually by the site labourer) then topped up with boiling water. Finding tea leaves floating on top of the brew came with a shout of mint sauce and a rollocking for the labourer for not using boiling water.

On 19/10/2019 at 16:53, The Joker said:

I have destroyed many the teaspoon by squeezing the life out of the teabag again, and the again, and the again

The sacrifice of the teaspoons, was not in the vain 🥰

What on earth is a tea bag?:D

On 23/10/2019 at 22:38, Dardandec said:

I can only drink builders tea. 1/2 a sugar and milk, massive mug, and as strong as you can get it. Yorkshire tea is awesome for strength, other brands are available. ;)

My wife has it like dish water, and I mean literally the tea bag in for a second or two. :gag:  Fortunately if she makes a brew, she knows how I like mine. :)

I must be making it wrong, 'cos I never drank a cup of Yorkshire tea that didn't taste like dishwater 🤣

22 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

What on earth is a tea bag?:D

Ugh, loose tea fan are we?  I got fed up of choking on the loose tea granules at the bottom of the cup 😫

On 24/10/2019 at 12:23, bothamlad said:

I agree Yorkshire Tea can be strong if you leave it to stew !! we have been drinking it for years.  Had a works manager who insisted on having two teabags brewing in the same cup for a good five minutes,then adding a dash of milk !! How the hell could that be drunk .

I've done this occassionally 😀

On 25/10/2019 at 15:54, The Joker said:

I must be making it wrong, 'cos I never drank a cup of Yorkshire tea that didn't taste like dishwater 🤣

Ugh, loose tea fan are we?  I got fed up of choking on the loose tea granules at the bottom of the cup 😫

I've done this occassionally 😀

You don't put loose tea in a cup, the leaves go in a teapot or a mashing can and poured into a cup later. You can use a strainer either all the time or just when get near the bottom of your chosen receptacle.

When I worked as a contractor over there my tool box always had essentials like a bottle and can opener a spoon and  a tea strainer.Lol

Edited by Ontarian1981