Builder's Tea

What is Builder’s Tea? Am I right in thinking it’s Tetley, PG Tips, etc?

Also, why is it called Builder’s Tea?

Ah yeah. Sounds pretty foul to me. I'll stick to the Jasmine...

When i worked in the steelworks the foundry guys tea was brewed in a big alumium teapot,it wasn't washed out for the 5 years i was there to keep the flavour.(allegedly)

52 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Ah yeah. Sounds pretty foul to me. I'll stick to the Jasmine...

Jasmine is not and never will be tea..... :gag:

33 minutes ago, willman said:

When i worked in the steelworks the foundry guys tea was brewed in a big alumium teapot,it wasn't washed out for the 5 years i was there to keep the flavour.(allegedly)

No the last bit is true. Its recommended not to clean the insides of a teapot/urn as the build up of tannin helps keep the flavour. The build up is because it is leached from the tea and coats the pot.

Edited by apelike

4 hours ago, apelike said:

Jasmine is not and never will be tea.....

People often confuse it for an 'Elixir of the Gods', but rest assured, it's definitely tea my friend.

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

People often confuse it for an 'Elixir of the Gods', but rest assured, it's definitely tea my friend.

For some reason I was getting confused with Chamomile tea that a friend once gave me and tasted disgusting. My apologies to you as a drinker of it. 

I always thought it was the weak, milky crap old people made for tradesmen,  Ultimately it ended up poured on the nearest houseplant.

12 hours ago, Waldo said:

What is Builder’s Tea?

The sort you could stand a teaspoon in.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

For some reason I was getting confused with Chamomile tea that a friend once gave me and tasted disgusting. My apologies to you as a drinker of it. 

Elixir of the Gods is maybe a slight exaggeration. It's very refreshing and fragrantly (not too) sweet. It's my hot beverage of choice at the moment (ordinarily I drink more coffee; but I've been going coffee free for October).

On 18/10/2019 at 21:31, Longcol said:

The sort you could stand a teaspoon in.

I have destroyed many the teaspoon by squeezing the life out of the teabag again, and the again, and the again

The sacrifice of the teaspoons, was not in the vain 🥰

On 19/10/2019 at 21:53, The Joker said:

I have destroyed many the teaspoon by squeezing the life out of the teabag again, and the again, and the again

The sacrifice of the teaspoons, was not in the vain 🥰

I can only drink builders tea. 1/2 a sugar and milk, massive mug, and as strong as you can get it. Yorkshire tea is awesome for strength, other brands are available. ;)

My wife has it like dish water, and I mean literally the tea bag in for a second or two. :gag:  Fortunately if she makes a brew, she knows how I like mine. :)