Passport Found - Wadsley

We have tonight found a passport belonging to a 20-old male. in the street,

If it belongs to you, or someone you know, please PM me. 

If the owner isn't found in the next couple of days, we'll return it to the Passport Office.

1 hour ago, Grahamfff said:

If the owner isn't found in the next couple of days, we'll return it to the Passport Office.

If it's a British passport there should be the details of family or friends to contact in an emergency.

5 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

If it's a British passport there should be the details of family or friends to contact in an emergency.

If the page has been completed - I've never bothered with mine and pretty sure loads of others don't fill it in.

Might be a good idea to ask the police if it has been reported stolen as it is a bit of a leap in the dark to assume that they will have seen this

Just send it back to the passport office. A printable form for doing that for found passports is available online from the passport office. That way it is guaranteed to get back to the original owner.

Thanks. I think the form tells you to cut off the corner which I presume invalidates it. The owner will then need to apply for a replacement which will take time and cost £75.50. So if I can get it back to the owner, this will be better - especially if he intends to use it imminently. 

14 hours ago, Grahamfff said:

Doesn't happen to belong to someone called Henry does it (not me, just I saw a message on a Facebook Group that someone had lost their passport, although I believe in a different part of Sheffield so unlikely to be his). Worth checking tho. 

27 minutes ago, Grahamfff said:

Thanks. I think the form tells you to cut off the corner which I presume invalidates it. The owner will then need to apply for a replacement which will take time and cost £75.50. So if I can get it back to the owner, this will be better - especially if he intends to use it imminently. 

Well that is very nice to hear and something I had not realised, so hats off to you for your kind consideration.

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

Doesn't happen to belong to someone called Henry does it (not me, just I saw a message on a Facebook Group that someone had lost their passport, although I believe in a different part of Sheffield so unlikely to be his). Worth checking tho. 

No, not Henry. 

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Well that is very nice to hear and something I had not realised, so hats off to you for your kind consideration.

I’ll only charge them £50 for its return. Win-win!