Aesthete Bistro In Walkley

On 19/10/2019 at 09:43, makapaka said:

The last thing south road needed was a chippy instead of a what appears to be a really nice new restaurant/cafe.

there’s also nothing else on south road like the new place so it adds more variety. Really pleased and going to give it a try soon.

id have been gutted if a chippy had opened there. Don’t want it to go like some areas with just umpteen takeaways surrounded by litter. 

south road is gradually improving year on year - is really like to see the Rose house refurbished as that has potential to Improve things further.

Can't see that happening - the Rose seems to be always busy, so although its not my thing it appears to cater to quite a lot of locals tastes.

Guest makapaka
23 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Can't see that happening - the Rose seems to be always busy, so although its not my thing it appears to cater to quite a lot of locals tastes.

I was told it was happening in the new year - might be wrong though.

On 20/10/2019 at 22:28, Bargepole23 said:

How did you realise that? Not by going in, or perusing their website presumably. 

If you had, you will have seen the extended Friday and Saturday evening hours, and various savoury meal options. 

Maybe drive past a bit slower next time.

I did drive slowly, you can't  do anything but on South road and it definitely  says Bistro above the premises. False description. 

1 hour ago, jaffa1 said:

I did drive slowly, you can't  do anything but on South road and it definitely  says Bistro above the premises. False description. 

Even though they are opening for dinner on Fridays and Saturdays, like a bistro might?

Tried to visit yesterday for brunch but it was rammed and people were queuing for tables so we went to the pub instead.

Will try again sometime because their menu looks lovely.

On 04/11/2019 at 10:10, taxman said:

Tried to visit yesterday for brunch but it was rammed and people were queuing for tables so we went to the pub instead.

Will try again sometime because their menu looks lovely.

Seems a lot more popular than the previous occupiers - I can't recall anyone ever being in that curry house!