And So It Begins!

October 16th and the fireworks  have begun.

My dog is terrified of fireworks and round November 5th I only walk him in daylight and I have medication for him for when they start going off.  Out for his night walk tonight with 3 weeks to go to bonfire night I had to dash back with him because someone had decided tonight was a good night for fireworks. On hearing the fireworks he panicked and I just thank heavens he is always on a lead. He is now on his bed having been given a dose of his medication to calm him down but getting him out of the house at all in the next few days will be difficult.

Our dog is going deaf, it’s something of a blessing around this time of year.

I’m curious though, what medication was it?

I tried serene um which helped a little but this is Zylkene

14 hours ago, wornout53 said:

October 16th and the fireworks  have begun.

My dog is terrified of fireworks and round November 5th I only walk him in daylight and I have medication for him for when they start going off.  Out for his night walk tonight with 3 weeks to go to bonfire night I had to dash back with him because someone had decided tonight was a good night for fireworks. On hearing the fireworks he panicked and I just thank heavens he is always on a lead. He is now on his bed having been given a dose of his medication to calm him down but getting him out of the house at all in the next few days will be difficult.

Not being funny wornout, but I haven't heard a firework yet this year.. it's much better than previous years.

I just heard one a few minutes ago,  and several very loud ones from across the road the other night, my dogs were straight into their terrified state...I absolutely hate it for them.

This year I bought them all a Thundershirt and going to try Rescue remedy, but I am not overly hopeful, the very worst thing is that it just goes on and on and you cannot really prepare or be ready because there is no real pattern.

A very big thumsup for Sainsbury's I hope that this is the beginning of a bigger responsibility being taken by shops, I dont want to ban them I just want the loud ones to be stopped and for them to only be used on certain dates so that we can be ready, not too much to ask...you might think!

On 17/10/2019 at 13:56, onewheeldave said:

Sadly the date is past for this, what a shame I would have done the survey if I had known.