No Tv Reception - Totley 15.10.19

Hi.

Has anybody out there be been experiencing no TV signal in the Totley area? Since approximately 09:00 this morning we have had no TV reception, Freeview channels show a banner which says 'No  signal. Check your ariel connections', I've done this and it's made no difference.

Wazzie Worrall.

Chesterfield transmitter had problems on Tuesday.

Emley Moor is under long term repair but is working.

Hi Annie,

Thanks for that information. We've got some of the Freeview  channels back but not all, there's no Yeaterday, Drama, Talking Pictures to name just x3.

I'm going to keep checking through the evening.

Cheers,

Wazzie Worrall

I think Totley might be served by the small Bradway Repeater transmitter - so any faults would be fairly local to your area.

There are some changes coming for TV reception on FREE VIEW in this area(all of the S postcode area).

In March we will all need to retune and if you have not got a HD set you may lose some channels eg PBS, Freesport.

Signal strength from some of the big transmitters may weaken to the point where you may choose to use the Sheffield transmitter rather than Emley Moor, Belmont or Waltham.

Ask your aerial fitter if you are planning to have a new aerial soon.

I've checked my ariel connections and it transpires my uncle used to work for Proctor & Gamble.