Vietnamese Birthday

My friend is 50 at the weekend shes from vietnam what do they do traditionally to celebrate 50th birthday in vietnam anyone know? Thanks like to surprise her

If you'd asked a month ago I could have found out for you, I was there.  I'm not aware that they have anything specific for a specific birthday, but I do know that they hold traditional celebrations for special events and this usually involves eating - and lots of it!  So, putting on a buffet for your friend and others may not be a bad idea!  I don't necessarily think you need to go out and slaughter something, like they do there,  our "oven-ready" options should suffice.

If you want to know what they would do to celebrate traditionally, they would have there family around and eat traditional food (you dont want to know)

What now happens depends heavily on what part of vietnam she comes from, i no alot of vietnamese and believe me most of them would rather eat something like a pigs foot than roast beef.

my advice, treat her like she is english as for as a birthday party goes, she will be most grateful.