Medion Tv's

Aldi have Medion TV's for sale good spec and 3 year warranty has anyone on here bought a Medion TV and  would you recommend it?   I have looked but can't find any reviews other than the one on the Aldi site.

My friends have/had one, it was nothing to write home about really.

Not sure if the newer ones are better with more modern features?

Digital TVs these days are basically a large computer screen with a circuit board to decode the signal and drive it. Quality difference is usually based on the cost of the screen as reliability is pretty good on most modern ‘sets’. 

Given the similarity of modern digital TVs most marketing is done around things such as Freeview, internet compatibility and smart TV functionality. If you just want it to watch TV on, a Medion set is as good as anything else in that price range.

Richer Sounds are well worth a look for TV’s.

I think it was Ghozer that mentioned Medion is a Lenovo company.

I bought a cheapy from Tesco a few years ago and that's still going strong. At £350 (ish) for a 50" smart TV with a 5 year warranty, I thought it was worth the risk. As said above, the screen quality isn't up to the more expensive ones of mine...but certainly watchable. The smart apps can be quite slow.

I heard talk on here that most of the cheaper TVs come from a factory in Turkey and then get re-badged.

It might be worth a look on AV Forums to see if there's any mention of the one you're looking at.

If its a Smart TV it all depends on the quality of the software bundled into it.  Some are so clunky and slow they're painful to use.

I have been looking at LG as I already have an LG and have been very happy with it, apart from can't get 5OD, Ch4 catch up or ITV hub on it.  When I bought it they didn't have the licence for those apps but do now. I saw the Medion ad in Aldi and wondered what they were like, they must be pretty confident in their product to give a 3 year warranty with it. Trouble is I like to see the picture quality before I buy a TV and you can't in Aldi.