Caterers In The 80's

14 hours ago, Dreb48 said:

Does anyone remember Norton Caterers who had a place on Abbey Lane in the 60s ?

It was run by Gordon and Doreen Boucher who moved later to the Wig and Pen on Campo Lane.

Not sure if there's a connection but I think there were some caterers based just off Abbey Lane on Hutcliffe Wood Road.

They ran the catering for a period of time at the Hunter House Hotel on Ecclesall Road South. Would have been in the 1990's.

Edited by abbeyedges

9 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Not sure if there's a connection but I think there were some caterers based just off Abbey Lane on Hutcliffe Wood Road.

They ran the catering for a period of time at the Hunter House Hotel on Ecclesall Road South. Would have been in the 1990's.

Thanks for the response but there  was no connection between the two.

I remember the caterers on Hutcliffe Wood, though the name escapes me. They were in the end shop that subsequently became  various restaurants until it became Andos which it is now.

I think it could be Spittlehouses  they used to do big functions at the Cutlers Hall to name one venue Jimmy was the boss man I know they have served royalty on visits to Sheffield, they also did functions at The Millstone in Derbyshire.