Caterers In The 80's

Can anyone help me trying to remember the name of the caterers I had during the eighties for my wedding. it was a Sheffield company and my Mum always said they were high class

Mum thought it was Fretwell - Downings but I am sure it  began with S

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Fretwell - Downings?

Fretwell - Downing would have certainly fitted your Mums description of "high class" - FD's used to do the Cutler's Feast and other top end events - and seemed to do the catering for all the wedding receptions in west Sheffield I attended that weren't at the Omega on Psalter Lane. Pretty sure that at least two women I used to work with used FD's for their wedding reception.

28 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Fretwell - Downing would have certainly fitted your Mums description of "high class" - FD's used to do the Cutler's Feast and other top end events - and seemed to do the catering for all the wedding receptions in west Sheffield I attended that weren't at the Omega on Psalter Lane. Pretty sure that at least two women I used to work with used FD's for their wedding reception.

probably is I still think it started with S but I could be wrong 

25 minutes ago, jonjules said:

probably is I still think it started with S but I could be wrong 

Where did you have your reception? Other people might remember who the usual caterers were.

There was a restaurant on Rustlings Road around that time called "Stirrings" which was considered one of the best in Sheffield  back then- don't know if they did outside catering or not though.

Edited by Longcol

Beginning with 'S' -

There was Spittlehouse Caterers who I think were based at Greenhill.

The Omega has been mentioned. I think Sheffield Refreshment Houses Group started the Omega. (They also owned Hotel St George, Kenwood and Roslyn Court). Not sure if they did outside catering. 

On 14/10/2019 at 05:37, abbeyedges said:

Beginning with 'S' -

There was Spittlehouse Caterers who I think were based at Greenhill.

The Omega has been mentioned. I think Sheffield Refreshment Houses Group started the Omega. (They also owned Hotel St George, Kenwood and Roslyn Court). Not sure if they did outside catering. 

that's the one Spittlehouse  thankyou so much was doing my head in lol 

Does anyone remember Norton Caterers who had a place on Abbey Lane in the 60s ?

It was run by Gordon and Doreen Boucher who moved later to the Wig and Pen on Campo Lane.