Jump to content

Caterers In The 80's

Recommended Posts

Can anyone help me trying to remember the name of the caterers I had during the eighties for my wedding. it was a Sheffield company and my Mum always said they were high class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fretwell - Downings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Butlers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mum thought it was Fretwell - Downings but I am sure it  began with S

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Fretwell - Downings?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fretwell - Downing would have certainly fitted your Mums description of "high class" - FD's used to do the Cutler's Feast and other top end events - and seemed to do the catering for all the wedding receptions in west Sheffield I attended that weren't at the Omega on Psalter Lane. Pretty sure that at least two women I used to work with used FD's for their wedding reception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Fretwell - Downing would have certainly fitted your Mums description of "high class" - FD's used to do the Cutler's Feast and other top end events - and seemed to do the catering for all the wedding receptions in west Sheffield I attended that weren't at the Omega on Psalter Lane. Pretty sure that at least two women I used to work with used FD's for their wedding reception.

probably is I still think it started with S but I could be wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jonjules said:

probably is I still think it started with S but I could be wrong 

Where did you have your reception? Other people might remember who the usual caterers were.

 

 

There was a restaurant on Rustlings Road around that time called "Stirrings" which was considered one of the best in Sheffield  back then- don't know if they did outside catering or not though.

Edited by Longcol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barkers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beginning with 'S' -

 

There was Spittlehouse Caterers who I think were based at Greenhill.

 

The Omega has been mentioned. I think Sheffield Refreshment Houses Group started the Omega. (They also owned Hotel St George, Kenwood and Roslyn Court). Not sure if they did outside catering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2019 at 05:37, abbeyedges said:

Beginning with 'S' -

 

There was Spittlehouse Caterers who I think were based at Greenhill.

 

The Omega has been mentioned. I think Sheffield Refreshment Houses Group started the Omega. (They also owned Hotel St George, Kenwood and Roslyn Court). Not sure if they did outside catering. 

that's the one Spittlehouse  thankyou so much was doing my head in lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone remember Norton Caterers who had a place on Abbey Lane in the 60s ?

It was run by Gordon and Doreen Boucher who moved later to the Wig and Pen on Campo Lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.