What Happened On Foxhill Rd Last Night? 12/10/19

Shops across from fox pub looks like the sandwich shop has a car lodged inside and looks like there’s been a fire!

anyone know anything?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/sheffield-cafe-and-flats-engulfed-fire-after-car-smashes-them-810237

Basically what you said...

A car smashed through the front of a cafe sparking a huge blaze that engulfed the premises and flats located above.

Theres a GoFundMe page for the occupants of the flat too, who've lost everything.

Edited by nikki-red

6 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

Friggin Star can’t read it.

You haven't missed anything.    Spectacularly uninformative as ever!

On 13/10/2019 at 11:12, nikki-red said:

Theres a GoFundMe page for the occupants of the flat too, who've lost everything.

I feel for the occupants of the flat but is this not what  insurance is for

It is but what if they didn't have any, by the look of it they have lost everything and were lucky to have survived.

I am sorry but if they do not that is their look out why do they expect other to pay for their stupidly home contents insurance is not exactly expensive

1 hour ago, amnicoll said:

I am sorry but if they do not that is their look out why do they expect other to pay for their stupidly home contents insurance is not exactly expensive

What a shockingly ignorant and callous attitude.

I stand by what I said far too many people these days see crowd funding as a substitute for insurance

20 hours ago, amnicoll said:

I stand by what I said far too many people these days see crowd funding as a substitute for insurance

Then they'll soon realise that when no one contributes.

The odd and sad fact that many of the crowdfunding schemes do in fact raise quite a lot I have seen a number for people who have accidents abroad and had no insurance.

Sure there are things where crowdfunding may be a valid option but not as a substitute for insurance

On 16/10/2019 at 11:48, amnicoll said:

The odd and sad fact that many of the crowdfunding schemes do in fact raise quite a lot I have seen a number for people who have accidents abroad and had no insurance.

Sure there are things where crowdfunding may be a valid option but not as a substitute for insurance

OK, I'll bite. 

You're right, crowd funding is no substitute for insurance but this is so far removed from what has happened here.  I'm pretty damn sure the occupants of the flat didn't have a discussion when they took the lease out on the flat thinking "don't worry, if the flat burns down we'll just get a whip round on Facebook". 

People have been involved in a particularly unfortunate incident, through no fault of there own and some members of the public have shown sympathy by donating some cash. 

It's not compulsory, if you don't want to donate just ignore it.