Simmering Tensions In Page Hall - Again.

16 hours ago, darylslinn said:

It must be a slow news day for the Star again....  always simmering tensions in Page Hall but to be honest of the many hundreds of times that I have passed through the area, I have seen nothing but people going about their daily business.
A small isolated incident these days in an area with a mix of culture and religions is always going to come across as a headline maker for a local news paper with little or no actual reporters on the ground.
You're never going to get a simmering tensions story in Dore over neighbours arguing about who is responsible for a hedge are you ?

Do ...You want to bet?...

Simmering tensions in Dore?...

There is plenty of that going off in Dore..!

Worse place bar Totley for these type of wars..

Something i am happy about..!

Keep the wars about Hedges...Keep paying the rent for that privilege.

3 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Do ...You want to bet?...

Simmering tensions in Dore?...

There is plenty of that going off in Dore..!

Worse place bar Totley for these type of wars..

Something i am happy about..!

Keep the wars about Hedges...Keep paying the rent for that privilege.

What the heck are you on about? I live in Totley - and have done for 64 years - and never experienced anything like what you are saying.

Yes, there are the odd - very odd - neighbourly disputes, but they are usually settled quickly and amicably.  We also get very little on-street rubbish, and what little we do is quickly shifted.

Where do you live?

its a very mixed community in pagehall and its difficult,it will settle in time i am sure,but i have friends in totley and all over and they do have problems,same as lowedges or anywhere but most settle quickly,but that area gets lots of problem i agree.

Why is it that in 2019 we still have to put up with all this dribble about how bad it is in page hall.

This forum has been slagging page hall off for years.

The community in page hall and firvale must be sick to their back teeth with all this negativity and alienation. 

We are supposed to be friendly ,tolerant, caring people in sheffield, yet we can't wait to add to whatever misery we suppose our European neighbours live in.

Page halls New community need our help not our constant criticism, and it is a new community with a diverse populous. 

Over the past May be 10 /15 years

The Asian and Arab community have slowly left page hall  and now our new neighbours are copping for all what they received in the 60s 70s and 80s

Have we come no where over all these years .

I agree it shouldn't be down to the council to sort things out ,I think it's down to us all that live in the surrounding areas to help our new neighbours. 

It's time to step up and help our new neighbours and get out of that 70s sitcom  (love Thy neighbour)

Attitude. 

2 hours ago, S4 8GG said:

Why is it that in 2019 we still have to put up with all this dribble about how bad it is in page hall.

The community in page hall and firvale must be sick to their back teeth with all this negativity and alienation. 

We are supposed to be friendly ,tolerant, caring people in sheffield, yet we can't wait to add to whatever misery we suppose our European neighbours live in.

Page halls New community need our help not our constant criticism, and it is a new community with a diverse populous. 

The Asian and Arab community have slowly left page hall  and now our new neighbours are copping for all what they received in the 60s 70s and 80s

I agree it shouldn't be down to the council to sort things out ,I think it's down to us all that live in the surrounding areas to help our new neighbours. 

It's time to step up and help our new neighbours and get out of that 70s sitcom  (love Thy neighbour)

Attitude. 

It's time for our new neighbours to stop treating the areas around their homes as a pigsty. Once that happens it would be nice to think that more of us could become more friendly, tolerant and caring.

So why dont we all get together one weekend with them ,get some vans and clean the place up .

It would be a start ....

From small acorns mate ,and all that ..

8 hours ago, S4 8GG said:

So why dont we all get together one weekend with them ,get some vans and clean the place up .

It would be a start ....

It appears that Council departments have been doing that every other morning for the past few years.....

10 hours ago, S4 8GG said:

It would be a start ....

Don't know where you've been for the last few years ....... this has already been tried several times.

1 hour ago, carosio said:

It appears that Council departments have been doing that every other morning for the past few years.....

You can't help people who won't help themselves.

They just seem satisfied to keep living in a pigsty.

15 hours ago, S4 8GG said:

Attitude. 

It seems to me you dont know what you are talking about, regarding page hall?

I understand people's frustrations in seeing page hall in such a state,but i dont see how just washing our hands of the situation can resolve it.

I didn't know that the council go every other day to clean the streets,if thats the case then surely there are leaders of the community that could be doing more.

I grew up in page hall and its sad to see such decline but i fear it will just get worse if there is no intervention of any kind from the wider community,they need help,that im sure of.

Its never pointless if you want to see change mate. There is always an  answer to the problem its just finding it.

1 hour ago, S4 8GG said:

I understand people's frustrations in seeing page hall in such a state,but i dont see how just washing our hands of the situation can resolve it.

I didn't know that the council go every other day to clean the streets,if thats the case then surely there are leaders of the community that could be doing more.

I grew up in page hall and its sad to see such decline but i fear it will just get worse if there is no intervention of any kind from the wider community,they need help,that im sure of.

I'm not sure who the leaders of their community are, maybe their elected representatives-  local councillors?

Edited by carosio