Simmering Tensions In Page Hall - Again.

Piece running in The Star concerning Page Hall & surrounding areas. 

Same old, same old, yet nobody appears to want to address the issues.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/action-address-simmering-tensions-sheffield-neighbourhood-welcomed-809370

What ever happened to the 'Let's build a football pitch' idea from a few years ago to build community relationships.  Can't remember which local MP / councilor though that idea up?

cant read the article because i refuse to pay , but i can guess its the same old issues in Page Hall that sheffield council created. 

I just clicked the link and read it.

surprised the page even opened. The star website used to just refuse to open properly.

Maybe the star have finally got their act together regarding on line reading.

Re. Page Hall...it seems nothing has changed since I abandoned the city for a better life.

16 hours ago, Allen said:

I just clicked the link and read it.

surprised the page even opened. The star website used to just refuse to open properly.

Maybe the star have finally got their act together regarding on line reading.

Re. Page Hall...it seems nothing has changed since I abandoned the city for a better life.

Where do live now mate ?

Just seen - Wales. Oh well........🙄

Edited by Daven

On 12/10/2019 at 17:44, Baron99 said:

What ever happened to the 'Let's build a football pitch' idea from a few years ago to build community relationships.  Can't remember which local MP / councilor though that idea up?

As with most things involving Page Hall, no-one else really cares and in a way most are just glad it stays contained in that area.

On 12/10/2019 at 19:47, Penistone999 said:

cant read the article because i refuse to pay , but i can guess its the same old issues in Page Hall that sheffield council created. 

Hi Penny, you OK hun?

How is the deterioation of the Page Hall, the fault of the Sheffield council ?

It must be a slow news day for the Star again....  always simmering tensions in Page Hall but to be honest of the many hundreds of times that I have passed through the area, I have seen nothing but people going about their daily business.
A small isolated incident these days in an area with a mix of culture and religions is always going to come across as a headline maker for a local news paper with little or no actual reporters on the ground.
You're never going to get a simmering tensions story in Dore over neighbours arguing about who is responsible for a hedge are you ?

On 13/10/2019 at 01:18, Allen said:

Spare a thought for the decent families that would like to abandon Page Hall but can't sell their houses for more than a pittance.

11 hours ago, The Joker said:

Hi Penny, you OK hun?

How is the deterioation of the Page Hall, the fault of the Sheffield council ?

Your back.  Have you been on holiday for the last year, we’ve missed you?

The council could do with putting a few extra rubbish collections in Page Hall.  There was a few bulky items on the pavements the last time I was in the area.  

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Your back.  Have you been on holiday for the last year, we’ve missed you?

The council could do with putting a few extra rubbish collections in Page Hall.  There was a few bulky items on the pavements the last time I was in the area.  

Then find out who these bulky items belong to and charge them for removal, or fine them for littering.

13 hours ago, darylslinn said:

It must be a slow news day for the Star again....  always simmering tensions in Page Hall but to be honest of the many hundreds of times that I have passed through the area, I have seen nothing but people going about their daily business.
A small isolated incident these days in an area with a mix of culture and religions is always going to come across as a headline maker for a local news paper with little or no actual reporters on the ground.
You're never going to get a simmering tensions story in Dore over neighbours arguing about who is responsible for a hedge are you ?

Go have a look and imagine living there, its well past small incident, my sympathy goes to those affected .

3 hours ago, francypants said:

Then find out who these bulky items belong to and charge them for removal, or fine them for littering.

I agree with you.  I wonder how many people have been caught and fined for fly tipping in the area?