Jump to content

Incident At Arndale Shopping Centre Manchester

Recommended Posts

Reports of 5 stabbings and the centre has been evacuated, not a lot of information other than a man in his 40s has been arrested. Something has got to be done to stop all these stabbings, you don't see a day go by without reading someone has been stabbed.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50014205

Edited by iansheff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Reports of 5 stabbings and the centre has been evacuated, not a lot of information other than a man in his 40s has been arrested. Something has got to be done to stop all these stabbings, you don't see a day go by without reading someone has been stabbed.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50014205

Yes, it’s getting worse. No one had knives years ago. If there was an argument or fight people used their fists.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the age of 11 I had (and still have ) a sheath knife purchased from the Scout shop on Trippet Lane.

It was part of the regalia.

What we did not have was a street drug culture which has led to the normalising of assaults using knives and other weapons.

Pandoras Box is open and I can see no solution other than to decriminalise some of the less harmful drugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should look closer at motivation behind these attacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Yes, it’s getting worse. No one had knives years ago. If there was an argument or fight people used their fists.!

There never use to be random attacks which is what this incident appears to be.  At least our gun laws are strict which means incidents that happen in our country are not as bad as what happens in the USA.  All very sad and a sign of the times.

 

15 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I think we should look closer at motivation behind these attacks.

Social Media hasn't helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pattricia said:

No one had knives years ago

yes they did.

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

 

What we did not have was a street drug culture

yes we did.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

There never use to be random attacks which is what this incident appears to be. 

yes there was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, melthebell said:

yes they did.

yes we did.

yes there was

Agree.

It's just documented a lot more now as everyone has a phone- click and send, upload etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pattricia said:

Yes, it’s getting worse. No one had knives years ago. If there was an argument or fight people used their fists.!

Yes, and us men used our handbags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, melthebell said:

yes they did.

yes we did.

yes there was

There is little evidence that knife crime has increased over the last twenty years.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

There is little evidence that knife crime has increased over the last twenty years.

 

 

Ten charts on the rise of knife crime in England and Wales

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42749089

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Ten charts on the rise of knife crime in England and Wales

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42749089

Thanks.

 

I should have said that it has clearly risen in the last four or five years. 

 

The longer term  trend isn’t so clear. Possibly because it hasn’t risen, possibly because of poor record keeping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Thanks.

 

I should have said that it has clearly risen in the last four or five years. 

 

The longer term  trend isn’t so clear. Possibly because it hasn’t risen, possibly because of poor record keeping.

You're most welcome. The most disturbing statistic is that the number of homicides/murders using knives has more than doubled in the last forty years.  I agree record keeping has improved over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.