Student's Union Anti-Racism Meeting, Whites Not Permitted

"A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society.[1] The term was first used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations. "

"Ethnic - relating to a population subgroup (within a larger or dominant national or cultural group) with a common national or cultural tradition.

So you could claim to be Minority Ethnic if you supported a particular football team.

You have shared social qualities and a cultural tradition based on support of a team - I guess that's not what they are trying to mean, but any non blacks who want to go along, there is your get out (or in).

20 hours ago, makapaka said:

It’s not racist - do you know what racism is? google the definition and see if it applies here.

not suprised you dont agree lets face it if it was the other way around it would be  

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, ormester said:

not suprised you dont agree lets face it if it was the other way around it would be  

What a group of white people excluding BME people from a discussion about racism against white people?

how many of those discussions happen?

On 12/10/2019 at 15:53, makapaka said:
It’s no more “racist” than maybe saying only women can attend a meeting to discuss say “sexual harassment of women” is sexist.

Theyre not discriminating or showing prejudice - they are not expressing opinions of superiority over other races.

i don’t agree with it mind - I think it would be better if anyone could attend but I don’t think it’s a racism issue at a all.

showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another.
"we are investigating complaints about racist abuse at a newsagents"

Noun 
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
"I had a fear of being called a racist"

While I agree it doesn't show they believe a particular race is superior to another, it does meet the first definition that you provided. It is showing discrimination or prejudice against people of other races.

13 hours ago, makapaka said:

What a group of white people excluding BME people from a discussion about racism against white people?

how many of those discussions happen?

It isn't a discussion about racism against white, or BME peoples. It is a discussion on creating an anti-racist Student Union. The issue doesn't appear to be who the victim is, but rather the issue itself, which seems the correct way to tackle things. Can't work out why it isn't open to everyone, regardless of race/ethnicity. In fact, I can't work out why it specifically mentioned which races/ethnic groups were welcome.

Edited by Eddie_shef
Added what it was a discussion on, and sorted out the quotes (2 edits)

22 hours ago, the_bloke said:

Views about racism from white people perhaps?

An alternative viewpoint?

Are you joking? That has been the mainstream viewpoint for the past 400 years!