Same Changing Room For Male/Female at Swimming Baths.

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You are so predictable! 😂🤣😂

I am happy my views are so predictable on topics where it's only common decency to uphold traditional family values, such as having separate changing areas for the different sexes and respecting democracy.

Edited by Lockdoctor

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

I am happy my views are so predictable on topics where it's only common decency to uphold traditional family values, such as having separate changing areas for the different sexes and respecting democracy.

Yet you’re a big fan of Boris Johnson, a man who’s traditional family values are on par with those of an alley cat.

9 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Yet you’re a big fan of Boris Johnson, a man who’s traditional family values are on par with those of an alley cat.

I support Boris Johnson in  is his role as our Prime Minister.  He wasn't my first choice to replace Theresa May in 2017 but when it became clear he was going to be our country's Prime Minister after the first ballot of the Tory leadership contest I accepted the situation and looked for positives.  It makes no sense not to support the good work our Prime Minister is doing just  because he doesn't share my own traditional family values.

5 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Agreed.  Just like mixed sex wards in hospitals are unacceptable.

Why?  

Do you still think we are so backwards as a society that a man catching the sight of the woman in hospital gown laying in a hospital bed could not control themselves and would be filled with lust.   

Do you think there is some woman laying there recovering from surgery who faints from shock at the sight of a man's bare torso in the bed opposite.  

Grow up.   With the obvious exceptions for areas such as gynaecology or maternity I think it is pretty ridiculous to even suggest such a thing.   It's 2019 not 1950.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

What the hell have private changing cubicles got to do with traditional family values.  

If anything we are even more modest than we were 30 years ago.   Back then it wasn't exactly a shock to find children being stripped off and changed into their bathing gear on the middle of a public beach.

Back in those days we had open changing rooms (albeit gender separated) but still had a room filled with grown men or grown women with their backside and bits hanging out with nothing to protect modesty other than the slats in a old wooden bench.  

School toilets would be doors off so teachers could have a good look whenever they fancy and make sure there is no mischief going off.  Large construction sites and and industrial workers would have to have nothing more than primitive traps with only a copy of the daily mirror to spare your blushes.

And to think you are raising issue with the types of shared facilities we have now it's laughable.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

14 hours ago, Mister M said:

but I would prefer same sex showers - as I don't want to be without my swim shorts in a mixed sex environment, just for the sake of modesty.

I don't think you can now.

The two pools I freuqent state that swimming costumes must be worn at all times - even in the showers - and even in private shower cubicles.

12 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Why?  

Do you still think we are so backwards as a society that a man catching the sight of the woman in hospital gown laying in a hospital bed could not control themselves and would be filled with lust.   

Do you think there is some woman laying there recovering from surgery who faints from shock at the sight of a man's bare torso in the bed opposite.  

Grow up.   With the obvious exceptions for areas such as gynaecology or maternity I think it is pretty ridiculous to even suggest such a thing.   It's 2019 not 1950.

You're missing the main  point that some men and women are uncomfortable about sharing wards with the opposite sex.  Mixed wards are there to make  life easier for the hospital rather than the patients. 

Regarding the original topic the women who prefer women only swimming or gym sessions are not likely to support mixed sex changing areas.  More thought should be given to the people who are uncomfortable with mixed changing areas. It's a backward step to do away with issues of common decency and respect for the opposite sex.

22 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Why?  

Don't be so hard on him.  He probably once saw Carry On Doctor and thought it was a true representation of how things would evolve if men and women mixed in a hospital environment.  

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're missing the main  point that some men and women are uncomfortable about sharing wards with the opposite sex.  Mixed wards are there to make  life easier for the hospital rather than the patients. 

Regarding the original topic the women who prefer women only swimming or gym sessions are not likely to support mixed sex changing areas.  More thought should be given to the people who are uncomfortable with mixed changing areas. It's a backward step to do away with issues of common decency and respect for the opposite sex.

And so it should.  Imagine not being able to be admitted into hospital because the only bed available is on a ward reserved for the opposite sex.  That would be madness.

If someone is uncomfortable with a mixed sex changing area then surely they would simply look for a pool that has segregated changing facilities.  Plenty of them still exist so it's not like they are being denied that choice.

8 minutes ago, Agent Orange said:

And so it should.  Imagine not being able to be admitted into hospital because the only bed available is on a ward reserved for the opposite sex.  That would be madness.

If someone is uncomfortable with a mixed sex changing area then surely they would simply look for a pool that has segregated changing facilities.  Plenty of them still exist so it's not like they are being denied that choice.

It's  Government policy to phase out the use of mixed wards in hospitals for obvious good reasons. I believe the Tories mentioned this policy in an election manifesto when David Cameron was their leader. 

They are most likely to stop going swimming if they are uncomfortable with mixed changing areas because there isn't a swimming pool situated on every street corner.

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

The changing area is segregated - you get your own cubicle

Would you consider segragating beaches then? Male only, female only.... We could go further of course... black, coloured, white....

33 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's  Government policy to phase out the use of mixed wards in hospitals for obvious good reasons. I believe the Tories mentioned this policy in an election manifesto when David Cameron was their leader. 

They are most likely to stop going swimming if they are uncomfortable with mixed changing areas because there isn't a swimming pool situated on every street corner.

What good reasons?   

Prudish attitudes of backwards thinking idiots who cannot cope with the opposite sex being in the same room as them.   God help when they try and cope with transgender or non-binary people.

I have no doubt it was in the election manifesto. They would need something to appease the hardcore Tory backbenchers.   I very much doubt that will be applied  in reality - the health service is already stretched enough without having an extra burden of having to separate out wards and limit bed space to a single sex.  

Clear the problem here is some people's attitude.  If they feel "uncomfortable" that's their problem and they need to sort it

Edited by ECCOnoob