Same Changing Room For Male/Female at Swimming Baths.

As in the mixed public toilets discussion theres no issue because there will still be cubicles.
Maybe we should ban mixed swimming sessions too, as everyone in the pool is basically swimming about in their underwear! 

4 hours ago, Daven said:

All hospital wards are essentially mixed sex wards but have different bays for male and female unless it is an acute/ critical care area where males and females are together in the same space for obvious reasons.

From my own experience very few people would, when asked, care that they were in a mixed sex environment.

Yes, I did mean bays actually, rather than wards.

The problem with asking patients whether they mind a, b, or c, is that many patients, especially the elderly, don't want to make waves, so give the answers they believe staff want to hear.  It's not just the elderly either.  

It's similar to my own experience, when people are asked if they have a preference for carers of the same gender.  Many will say they don't mind, and then later, when they realise how this does affect them, they say they would prefer carers of their own gender after all.

The OP would have had a fit it they'd been swimming at Zest a few years ago. The changing cubicles around the pool itself. The outrage!!

19 minutes ago, Olive said:

The OP would have had a fit it they'd been swimming at Zest a few years ago. The changing cubicles around the pool itself. The outrage!!

Same at Heeley Pool.

Those Edwardians eh and their modern ways.

Edited by Pettytom

15 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Jesus Christ that sentence explains so much.

Get thee back to 1950.   

Those delicate pretty little women things must be protected at all times dare they see the flash of a man's belly or hairy legs.       Men should be allowed to be men in a man's only environment free to have with their tackle hanging out whenever they feel like it. 

God forbid they have to share a space together - what has the world come to.  

Just out of curiosity oh prudish one, explain what on earth would you do with a transgender or non-binary person in your world.   Where exactly are they supposed to go to get changed or use the toilet.  

Or even gay people of either gender?  I'm still not getting the point of why mixed gender changing facilities are unacceptable to some of the people on this thread, as they've not really explained.  Presumably sharing changing facilities is offensive in case you see someone of the opposite gender 'en deshabille', but if they are segregated and a person is attracted to their own gender, where does that fit in?

I love the fact that most pools now are mixed sex. It allows me to still take my young daughter swimming when my other half can't make it, meaning she doesn't miss out (she loves splashing about). 

From what I have read, mixed bathing was first allowed in Sheffield as long ago as 1912. This was at the then-new first-class pool at Glossop Road Baths. I have recently visited Staveley pool & Dronfield pool where both have mixed changing facilities which didn't seem to be causing any problems but I suppose a determined voyeur could easily make a nuisance of themselves.

I'd prefer mixed changing rooms with cubicles. When I go swimming I don't want to parade around naked in front of any random strangers whether they're male or female so I change in a cubicle anyway. Wouldn't make any difference to me if there are men or women or both outside by the lockers.

I think mixed changing could save space and make things easier for families with multiple children to deal with.

2 hours ago, vwkittie said:

I'd prefer mixed changing rooms with cubicles. When I go swimming I don't want to parade around naked in front of any random strangers whether they're male or female so I change in a cubicle anyway. Wouldn't make any difference to me if there are men or women or both outside by the lockers.

I think mixed changing could save space and make things easier for families with multiple children to deal with.

Far as I'm aware these mixed changing areas all have private cubicles to change in/out of.

Surely none are so blatant to allow naked people just walk around. I've never seen that at any mixed changing facility.

I took my kids to Centre Parcs and everyone got changed in cubicles.

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

Far as I'm aware these mixed changing areas all have private cubicles to change in/out of.

Surely none are so blatant to allow naked people just walk around. I've never seen that at any mixed changing facility.

I took my kids to Centre Parcs and everyone got changed in cubicles.

No I don't know about mixed facilities but in single sex changing rooms you definitely get some people that like to wander around in the buff for some weird reason! There's no rule against being starkers outside the cubicles where I go swimming (single sex) as far as I'm aware.

I do usually go from the shower to the cubicle just in a towel but as that's more covered than wearing a swimming costume anyway I wouldn't have a problem with doing that in a mixed facility.  After all it'd only be similar to changing at the beach under a towel!

Most saunas in European hotels I have been in are not only mixed sex but also nude.

If you go in a sauna in Scandinavian countries and most of Holland, Belgium and northern Germany with a towel, you will get very funny looks. 🤣

1 minute ago, gaz 786 said:

It will provide them with a laugh if I don't wear a towel 😂😂😂😂😂

The thing is that it wouldn’t, as most people couldn’t give a monkey’s.

We still live in Victorian times with our attitude to the human body.