Same Changing Room For Male/Female at Swimming Baths.

42 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's  Government policy to phase out the use of mixed wards in hospitals for obvious good reasons. I believe the Tories mentioned this policy in an election manifesto when David Cameron was their leader. 

They are most likely to stop going swimming if they are uncomfortable with mixed changing areas because there isn't a swimming pool situated on every street corner.

42 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's  Government policy to phase out the use of mixed wards in hospitals for obvious good reasons. I believe the Tories mentioned this policy in an election manifesto when David Cameron was their leader. 

They are most likely to stop going swimming if they are uncomfortable with mixed changing areas because there isn't a swimming pool situated on every street corner.

And what are the good reasons for abolishing mixed sex wards?  Do enlighten us.

Sheffield has several pools so there's a choice.  I take my little girl to Hillsborough leisure centre and we change in the mixed area - nothing to see or worry about  because we, like everyone else, change in the privacy in the cubicles.  

Edited by Agent Orange

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're a kind of long running, not very funny joke. What are the 'obvious good reasons' you talk of?

22 minutes ago, Halibut said:

You're a kind of long running, not very funny joke. What are the 'obvious good reasons' you talk of?

Human dignity.

I am not here to spoon feed you. Read this article

Mixed Sex wards endanger and humiliate women

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/30/mixed-sexed-wards-endanger-and-humiliate-women

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Human dignity.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/30/mixed-sexed-wards-endanger-and-humiliate-women

How does any of that translate to mixed changing areas with cubicles? Simple answer, it doesn't.

As an aside, and to help inform the discussion, are you in favour of banning the burqa?

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

How does any of that translate to mixed changing areas with cubicles? Simple answer, it doesn't.

As an aside, and to help inform the discussion, are you in favour of banning the burqa?

You asked about the good reasons regarding stopping  mixed sex wards in hospitals and I tried to help you out.

Mixed sex hospital wards are a sensible issue to be brought up in this discussion. What has banning the burka got to do with this topic?

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You asked about the good reasons regarding stopping  mixed sex wards in hospitals and I tried to help you out.

Mixed sex hospital wards are a sensible issue to be brought up in this discussion. What has banning the burka got to do with this topic?

What are the good reasons for banning mixed sex changing ares with cubicles? (I'll assume you're pro burqa ban then)

3 minutes ago, Halibut said:

What are the good reasons for banning mixed sex changing ares with cubicles? (I'll assume you're pro burqa ban then)

I haven't stated mixed sex changing areas with cubicles should be banned. The title of this topic is 'Same Changing Room For Male/Female at Swimming Baths'  which I original stated was unacceptable.  In my opinion there should be separate changing areas available for both male and females for reasons I have already explained.  

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I haven't stated mixed sex changing areas with cubicles should be banned. The title of this topic is 'Same Changing Room For Male/Female at Swimming Baths'  which I original stated was unacceptable.  In my opinion there should be separate changing areas available for both male and females for reasons I have already explained.  

It really isn’t clear to me why you object to mixed changing  rooms. Could you explain again please 

10 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

There are - they're called cubicles. Your 'point' is quite literally pointless. 

Edited by Halibut

24 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

In my opinion there should be separate changing areas available for both male and females for reasons I have already explained.  

Do you also believe that the legs of tables and chairs should be covered up to preserve modesty?

It’s one thing wanting to go back to the 1950s with Brexit, but now you seem to want to go back to Victorian times! 😱

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Human dignity.

Wow a 2 years old opinion piece from the guardian based upon an academic survey conducted in the USA. 

Concrete stuff that.

Human dignity is created when a nurse/doctor draws a curtain around the bed to perform a routine procedure which may cause embarrassment.  Human dignity is when a doctor or nurse removes someone from a ward to a treatment room or operating theatre to conduct a more invaisive procedure. 

One would assume that the rest of the time in a ward patients are dressed and covered up.    Where exactly is the "indignity" here??

Edited by ECCOnoob