Same Changing Room For Male/Female at Swimming Baths.

I was just reminded of this by something I read on here.

I've not been to this swimming baths in Sheffield for a few years, so things may be different now.

I was very surprised though at the time. I stepped out of a changing cubical and there were  women and kids in the area.  I was clad in shorts. Sometimes in men's changing rooms the blokes walk about naked. Are mixed changing rooms the norm  these days?

I think the name  was the Zest centre, and it is at upperthorpe.

The last time i went to my local swimming baths it was all for one. Been to few different ones Barnsley Metro,Doncaster and local ones @ Clowne and Eckington some are and some aren't(integrated).

Zest is the first and only one I have ever been to like that. Now that you have highlighted how common integrated  changing rooms are, I shall be more aware.

It's unacceptable to have the same changing rooms for both male and females at  swimming baths or any other sports centre.

48 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's unacceptable to have the same changing rooms for both male and females at  swimming baths or any other sports centre.

If there are changing cubicals what exactly is the problem?        Old school lidos have them around the pool to change in.   People dont walk around naked.  

Anyone with a brain will know that where there is a single changing space with cubicals - they are there to change in.  

The rest of the communal area outside them should be no different to walking around the lobby or cafe.  

God sake - are we regressing to Victorian prudes here or are we tarring all men with the same brush that they simply cannot be trusted to control themselves around women and children.

Some do have mixed sex changing rooms, with individual cubicles, though the showers are communal. 

I've no objections to having mixed sex changing rooms with cubicles, but I would prefer same sex showers - as I don't want to be without my swim shorts in a mixed sex environment, just for the sake of modesty.

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Why.

What possible issues could it cause?

Presumably there are cubicles to change in. So what’s the problem?

When I have been for a swim at Westfield the changing rooms are mixed. The separate showers and toilets are signed male and female.

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Why.

What possible issues could it cause?

Presumably there are cubicles to change in. So what’s the problem?

He doesn't get to windmill his way through the changing room after a particularly vigorous swim?

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

He doesn't get to windmill his way through the changing room after a particularly vigorous swim?

A bit of cold water could solve that particular issue😀

4 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

You are so predictable! 😂🤣😂

9 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Agreed.  Just like mixed sex wards in hospitals are unacceptable.