Electric Shower - Which One?

We will be needing a new electric shower in the near future and I was just wondering if anyone can give any pointers as to which to buy.

It will need a decent flow rate/KW etc. Not bothered about whistles and bells, just a decent quality shower. No option for power shower or the mixer type, just cold supply.

Also, any idea of install costs? All the pipe work and wiring is there.

Thanks.

All depends on what size cable is supplying the shower if it’s only 6mm your limited to 8.5kw and under if it 10mm have any shower you like 

Good point that I didn't know.

I know the shower cable was fitted when the electric hob wiring was installed. If you mean 10mm by how wide the cable is, it's easily that wide. Your comment does open up new questions though. It might be better if I get it checked properly.

Yes would  be better to get someone out save the hassle of getting it wrong . Should be looking around £80-100 labour 

You're right, thanks for the pointers.

I've had no problems with Mira showers. I had a Mira Sport Max 10.8KW .  Very good flow rate for an electric shower- but needs the thick cable.

1 hour ago, lil-minx92 said:

I've had no problems with Mira showers. I had a Mira Sport Max 10.8KW .  Very good flow rate for an electric shower- but needs the thick cable.

I also have a Mira Sport Max 10.8Kw and fitted one for my mum and dad as well. Mine has run faultlessly for 13 years and mum and dad’s for 10 years.

Just about the best electric shower out there. I got mine for £120 from Screwfix in Rotherham but they are probably a bit more now. 👍

9 hours ago, zach said:

Good point that I didn't know.

I know the shower cable was fitted when the electric hob wiring was installed. If you mean 10mm by how wide the cable is, it's easily that wide. Your comment does open up new questions though. It might be better if I get it checked properly.

10mm cross sectional area of the live conductors. 10mm cable is about 17mm wide overall.

HOW DO I KNOW WHAT CABLE SIZE I HAVE?

1mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 7.8mm x 4.25mm

1.5mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 8.2mm x 5mm

2.5mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 10.3mm x 6mm

4mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 11.9mm x 6.25mm

6mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 13.5mm x 7mm

10mm² CSAT&E has overall dimensions of 17.1mm x 10mm

16mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 19.4mm x 10mm

Thanks all for the replies.

I'll go with the recommendations on the shower unit and if needed, I'll have the wiring upgraded. 

Had a Bristan shower in our last place, was very good.

As above tho you need the highest power one you can get, 10kW is the one to go for so make sure the cable is upto the job.