Kids And Social Media

This is just a heads up to any parent who thinks their child is savvy enough to run their own social media accounts.

Dont do it!!

I've just stumbled on a clear cut case of grooming on a young girls phone. The grooming comes from someone who she knows, looks up to and admires and is now trying to abuse their position in order to , well who the hell knows??????

Disclaimer... This thread is NOT designed to "out" someone as a perv or to stir up controversy and slip in a name through the back door. No names or information which could lead to anyone being identified will be given so please DO NOT ASK.

This is only intended to encourage parents to take a healthy interest (and some control) of their kids social media accounts.

Thank you...

2 hours ago, Waj said:

I've just stumbled on a clear cut case of grooming on a young girls phone. The grooming comes from someone who she knows, looks up to and admires and is now trying to abuse their position in order to , well who the hell knows??????

So it could have happened without social media. I am not a fan of social media being over-used either.

All of this happened before social media was a thing only now it's easier for the predators. I'm not a parent but I expect keeping a child off social media is quite impossible I think the best fight is to educate them about the realities of what can happen. 

33 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

All of this happened before social media was a thing only now it's easier for the predators. I'm not a parent but I expect keeping a child off social media is quite impossible I think the best fight is to educate them about the realities of what can happen. 

I agree.

We did this with our daughter.