Henderson's Relish? in scotland?

15 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Not been up there since the 80s but there are lots of British shops that sell over priced "tastes of home" in Ontario. I can only imagine it must be frozen or canned unless the proprietors are of Scottish origin and have a family recipe which has been handed down and having enough ex pats around to actually buy it fresh. 

However, I don't recall an abundance of Scottish accents up in Tobermory, when I was up there camping  in the 80s. When I sampled Haggis I was working up in Dunbar  around 1978/9 and I almost called for Huey on the spot, but of course that might have been the Glen Morangie combined with the 12  hour shifts we were working , lol.

On 14/09/2019 at 05:59, MICK BADGER said:

it is indeed Michael Wright

I recall the Claymore pub on Arundel Gate in the early 70s when the original landlord -Frank Keys- would have a kilted  piper perform the introduction of Robbie Burns' night, usually on a frosty  mid-week evening , would produce lavish servings of the Caledonian delicacy free of charge but whether it had ' Hendo's as a  relish I'm not sure but it went down quite well with a couple of pints of William Younger's Tartan ale.

Scotland ... best place for it, disgusting stuff.

On 10/10/2019 at 22:16, St Petre said:

I recall the Claymore pub on Arundel Gate in the early 70s when the original landlord -Frank Keys- would have a kilted  piper perform the introduction of Robbie Burns' night, usually on a frosty  mid-week evening , would produce lavish servings of the Caledonian delicacy free of charge but whether it had ' Hendo's as a  relish I'm not sure but it went down quite well with a couple of pints of William Younger's Tartan ale.

The Claymore.  Was that the place that had the big sword on the outside wall? 

Wasn't there also a fish & chip restaurant upstairs in the same building? 

On 08/10/2019 at 21:15, Jim Hardie said:

Did you bother buying a bottle?

Course not! Got a bottle in from Morrison's at Halfway 4 months ago! Thought i'd achieved a bit of Yorkshire Cred!

Hendos is also sold where I live in Stonehaven near Aberdeen that's also the birth place of the Deep Fried Mars bar. 

They have it in my local Home Bargains in North Wales which is fine by me.