Henderson's Relish? in scotland?

I haven't posted on here for over 7 years. Ex-Eckington, now live in the Scottish highlands. Was in Fort William Home Bargains today. Henderson's Relish on the shelves? What happenned? Used to be only available in Sheffield and the Yorkshire Shop in Whitby! 

1 hour ago, md00071 said:

I haven't posted on here for over 7 years. Ex-Eckington, now live in the Scottish highlands. Was in Fort William Home Bargains today. Henderson's Relish on the shelves? What happenned? Used to be only available in Sheffield and the Yorkshire Shop in Whitby! 

Did you bother buying a bottle?

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Did you bother buying a bottle?

Can't imagine it on haggis or porridge.:lol:

It might have gone to live up there given it's name, what with all this Brexit stuff.

14 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

You’d put it on square sausage!

8 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Porridge and Hendersons a big no, Hendersons and Haggis, sheep's heart, liver, and lungs, minced with onion and oatmeal why not.

Angel1.

Its everywhere now thanks to Home Bargains.  I no longer need to buy in bulk whenever I come over.

Before that you used to be able to see it in posh deli shops, but it was something like £3 a bottle!

When I was a working chap I had a night out every week in Scotland in my heavy goods job,some nights I stayed at Bellshill!.I frequented a pub called Capoes for my evening meal,when it had a scotch broth starter I embellished it with my own personal bottle  of Hendersons that I had stashed behind the bar secretly weeks earlier!.Unfortunately the barmaid informed some of my fellow workmates who proceeded to drain it until it was no more !,the tight gets never thought to replace it so I had to carry my personal bottle of Hendoes in my bag with me everywhere,I never found out who did the dastardly deed it still haunts me to this day!.

22 hours ago, md00071 said:

in Whitby and Redcar.....and probably everywhere else theres a branch i buy mine from Jack Fultons too.

11 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Porridge and Hendersons a big no, Hendersons and Haggis, sheep's heart, liver, and lungs, minced with onion and oatmeal why not.

Angel1.

I had Haggis once and to be honest I don't think even Yorkshire relish could make it any less yucky.

I did think of a Scottish delicacy that Hendersons would suit i.e Scotch pie.I used to work with two Glaswegians and they both put one of those warmed up  pies beteeen two slices of buttered bread. Lol

I've seen it in Ontario! There is a shop in Tobermory sells it...

9 hours ago, Obelix said:

I've seen it in Ontario! There is a shop in Tobermory sells it...

Not been up there since the 80s but there are lots of British shops that sell over priced "tastes of home" in Ontario. I can only imagine it must be frozen or canned unless the proprietors are of Scottish origin and have a family recipe which has been handed down and having enough ex pats around to actually buy it fresh. 

However, I don't recall an abundance of Scottish accents up in Tobermory, when I was up there camping  in the 80s. When I sampled Haggis I was working up in Dunbar  around 1978/9 and I almost called for Huey on the spot, but of course that might have been the Glen Morangie combined with the 12  hour shifts we were working , lol.

Edited by Ontarian1981