Wentworth Garden Centre

Been here today for lunch - overcrowded, overpriced and far too busy. Can't see the attraction myself but it's having a new extension to the restaurant built! Each to their own I suppose but over £8 for a jacket potato is taking the <removed>! Whatever happened to austerity?! Most customers seemed to be 'poor' pensioners or yummy mummies. More and more extraneous tat - how much Christmas stuff do you need in October?! Well I won't be going again! Even the plants are a rip-off!

Edited by nikki-red

Before my partner died we used to go at least once a month often more for a coffee and a cake or a meal in pleasant clean surroundings with lovely staff.

It is what it is...it gets very busy hence the need for an extension but it is somewhere that all ages can have a pleasant hour or two.

1 hour ago, lindylou53 said:

Been here today for lunch - overcrowded, overpriced and far too busy. Can't see the attraction myself but it's having a new extension to the restaurant built! Each to their own I suppose but over £8 for a jacket potato is taking the <removed>! Whatever happened to austerity?! Most customers seemed to be 'poor' pensioners or yummy mummies. More and more extraneous tat - how much Christmas stuff do you need in October?! Well I won't be going again! Even the plants are a rip-off!

I think £8 is a bit top end for a jacket spud, £7 at Chatsworth,  £5 to £7 at Cannon hall, I will let you in on a secret, we go to Bolster Moor farm shop and cafe, Huddersfield HD7 4JU. Jacket spud £4.50. Smashing place.

Angel1.

A lot of things at Wentworth Garden Centre are overpriced but as long as people continue to pay the prices,   they will continue to charge them.

56 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I think £8 is a bit top end for a jacket spud, £7 at Chatsworth,  £5 to £7 at Cannon hall, I will let you in on a secret, we go to Bolster Moor farm shop and cafe, Huddersfield HD7 4JU. Jacket spud £4.50. Smashing place.

Angel1.

You may think its overpriced but clearly many people are happy to pay this hence the need for extension 

A Sheffielder complaining about the cost of something.  Now, there's a surprise 😂

Wentworth Garden Centre spent a few million quid about five years ago to remodel itself as a ‘day out’ rather than as simply a traditional garden centre. It was money well spent judging by the amount of people who go there. Plants are a bit dear but are good quality and a wide variety.

48 minutes ago, Agent Orange said:

A Sheffielder complaining about the cost of something.  Now, there's a surprise 😂

In this case it is warranted, overpriced crap dressed up as Downton Abbey style British heritage.

Another extension? They must be making some right brass. The last extension to the restaurant was only completed around 2011. 

Restaurant has the feel of a Butlins canteen. Too big and noisy

I cannot understand a post knocking a business for being successful , " overcrowded and busy " ,it's a problem most high streets would love.

The garden centre  have spent huge sums on providing plenty of car parking  and making the place visitor friendly. Yes you do pay a premium for good service, pleasant staff and mainly a good products.

If you just want cheap may I suggest stay in and shop online.

I have no ties to the garden centre

12 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Another extension? They must be making some right brass. The last extension to the restaurant was only completed around 2011. 

It's not an extension, it's a new freestanding building next to the pet store.