Cafe Rouge Permanently Closed

The French bistro has announced that its restaurant on Norfolk Street, St Paul’s Place, is now closed.

“Unfortunately we will be closing permanently in Sheffield, there are no plans to open another site nearby - we hope we'll still be a favourite brand of yours and if you're ever travelling the country, you'll come to visit at a different site!”

Au revoir!

Edited by avalunche

I thought Café Rouge was expensive for what you got. I don't mind paying more, but the portion sizes were 'cordon bleu', but not cordon bleu quality.

I always liked it.   Got an email from them a while ago... it's going to be a Bella Italia.   'Balls Square', as I call the area adjacent to the Winter Garden  (!),   looks like earning the name 'Little Italy'.

Guest makapaka

Thought I was bang over rated.

It's no great loss. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

I went 6 months ago and it was awful.  I don't  mind paying for quality  but the food was terrible and so was the service, there were only one more table occupied  other than myself and friends and the place looked as though it could do with a good clean.

I won't  miss it

I'm pretty sure Cafe Rouge and Bella Italia are owned by the same people so its another bland chain place with the same owners.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Thought I was bang over rated.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Guest makapaka
7 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Ha ha😀😀😀

53 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I'm pretty sure Cafe Rouge and Bella Italia are owned by the same people so its another bland chain place with the same owners.

Correct.

They are both owned by the Casual Dining Group.

I sometimes used to walk past when they had their food delivered. Huge tubs of mayonnaise and boxes of chips.  Nothing wrong with that, but they charged as if the food was freshly prepared by “proper” chefs (actually the kitchen staff seemed to spend more time outside the fire doors having a fag)

...can you tell I wasn’t impressed?

They closed the one in Durham as well, only went once and the waitress was quite rude and kept pestering to but more food.