Jackdaw Knocking On Window.

4 hours ago, Padders said:

I have heard that the Hillsboro Tree Penguins can be a bit of a nuisance at this time of the year.

Trish doe's live in that locality.

Now how do you know I live in that locality ?  Lol...

51 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Now how do you know I live in that locality ?  Lol...

Educated guess......

Actually Trish your opening post made me chuckle..

Reminded me of when you got reported by a peeping Tom,  for NOT closing your curtains.

6 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

According to family legend, my grandfather had a pet jackdaw that would hop along the rooftops following him to the pub. 

Did it follow him to the Wednesday ground, or was it a Blade ?

Hi Pattricia. Your post reminded me that every few weeks a bird thumps into one of my windows, drops to the ground looking mystified and eventually flies off. But they aren't jackdaws. Some are pigeons, some starlings. I reckon they must get an awful headache from hitting the glass with their heads!

Edited by woolyhead

On 08/10/2019 at 09:26, pattricia said:

Do you mean so that the Jackdaw can’t sees its reflection ?

Hi again ,different shapes in the window can supposedly break up the birds reflection .So i think its worth giving it a go.

2 hours ago, bothamlad said:

Hi again ,different shapes in the window can supposedly break up the birds reflection .So i think its worth giving it a go.

Thank you for your advice.

On 08/10/2019 at 08:31, pattricia said:

Every morning when Im in bed, a jackdaw pecks at my bedroom window. When I pull the curtain slightly back it flies off.  I do feed the birds numerous times a day, so am wondering, is this jackdaw pecking for me to get up and feed him, or is he pecking at his reflection ? Any wildlife experts out there? 

Never had this happen before,

Daughter came yesterday, and fettled my house.. while she did that, I washed and polished her car, all windows and doors closed.

Just the garage door open, when I had finished, went into the kitchen...…...………. and sat on the window sill (not me) was a Robin..

Large as life the cheeky little thing, waiting for me to open the window, I shouted my daughter, who was upstairs toiling, she came down and did the customary video.. opened the window and out it flew... Amazing.

About 10/15 years ago whilst camping in Cornwall, twice we've had robins come into our tent.  On both occasions they perched on the backs of the chairs, not scared at all, stayed a while then flew out.

On 08/10/2019 at 21:55, Padders said:

Educated guess......

Actually Trish your opening post made me chuckle..

Reminded me of when you got reported by a peeping Tom,  for NOT closing your curtains.

Yes, and the poor peeping Tom was sick on my windowsill.!