Strictly Come Dancing

2 hours ago, foxydebs said:

Anton finally in the judges seat.  I dont find him smug at all.

From  Anthony Paul Beke to Anton Du'Beke,  how smug is that. :gag:

No idea why Maisie was in the bottom two. The dance was pretty naff but she performed it well, it wasn't her idea to do a silly Ken/Barbie thing.

JJ and Amy were terrible. I really wanted them to go out.

And I know the judges liked them but Jamie and Karen just left me cold. Don't like him at all.

Happy that Bill Bailey is doing so well though, and not in a silly "lets vote for the fat/old/crap" dancer thing.

9 hours ago, pattricia said:

Neither do I ! I also love Tessa,s Yorkshire accent which isn’t as broad as us Sheffielders but nice all the same.!

She has got a lovely Yorkshire accent to say she comes from Derbyshire. :hihi:  

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Oh didn’t know that. Whereabouts in Derbyshire ?

10 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

She was born in Stockport.  Grew up in New Mills. 

Edited by Baron99

15 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Oh didn’t know that. Whereabouts in Derbyshire ?

Birchvale,   to be honest I thought she was from Yorkshire,  when I said she sounded common, its probably because she has a broader accent than ours,  to be fair I think Sean bean sounds terrible but Paul Hudson who is from further up North sounds fine, even further up North is Ant and Dec and to me they sound fine,  its just me I suppose. 

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

She was born in Stockport.  Grew up in N

New Mills Derbyshire. :hihi:

Edited by PRESLEY

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Birchvale,   to be honest I thought she was from Yorkshire,  when I said she sounded common, its probably because she has a broader accent than ours,  to be fair I think Sean bean sounds terrible but Paul Hudson who is from further up North sounds fine, even further up North is Ant and Dec and to me they sound fine,  its just me I suppose. 

My bold. 

Nothing wrong with Bean's accent either.  He just sounds like 95% of the male population of Sheffield.  It doesn't seem to have held him back.  There's a difference between having an accent & speaking slovenly with a poor command of English. 

Jarvis Cocker sounds exactly like Sean Bean but I've never heard anyone call him common? 

Just now, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

Nothing wrong with Bean's accent either.  He just sounds like 95% of the male population of Sheffield.  It doesn't seem to have held him back.  There's a difference between having an accent & speaking slovenly with a poor command of English. 

Jarvis Cocker sounds exactly like Sean Bean but I've never heard anyone call him common? 

Didn't say Sean Bean sounded common, I don't think he sounds good in films ect, probably a bit surreal.

Love Sean Beans accent. I like that he doesn’t try to change it whatever part he is playing.

10 hours ago, pattricia said:

Love Sean Beans accent. I like that he doesn’t try to change it whatever part he is playing.

Maybe not your thing but his attempt at an American accent in Silent Hill was hilarious! Get those R's really rolling Sean!! 😄

Back on topic...

1 hour ago, zach said:

Maybe not your thing but his attempt at an American accent in Silent Hill was hilarious! Get those R's really rolling Sean!! 😄

Back on topic...

1 hour ago, zach said:

Back on topic...

1 hour ago, zach said:

Back on topic...

18 hours ago, taxman said:

No idea why Maisie was in the bottom two. The dance was pretty naff but she performed it well, it wasn't her idea to do a silly Ken/Barbie thing.

JJ and Amy were terrible. I really wanted them to go out.

And I know the judges liked them but Jamie and Karen just left me cold. Don't like him at all.

Happy that Bill Bailey is doing so well though, and not in a silly "lets vote for the fat/old/crap" dancer thing.

Couldn’t agree more ! 

1 hour ago, zach said:

Back on topic...

12 hours ago, pattricia said:

A bit like the late Sean Connery though I didn't see enough of his films to notice.

Only saw Sean Bean once,  on the Jonathan Ross Show,  thought he was very natural and nice.