Strictly Come Dancing

13 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Maisie’s a nice dancer.  I think she could win strictly.

Yes, she got excellent marks last night. I think she could win, but I think HRVY will beat her to it. I think most voters are women so he has that in his favour, and he’s an excellent dancer as well.

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

Yes, she got excellent marks last night. I think she could win, but I think HRVY will beat her to it. I think most voters are women so he has that in his favour, and he’s an excellent dancer as well.

Maisie and HRVY in my opinion are the best dancers and I hope one of them wins, but after Joe Swash won Dancing On Ice earlier this year, it wouldn’t surprise me if Bill Bailey or Jamie Laing won the competition.

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Maisie and HRVY in my opinion are the best dancers and I hope one of them wins, but after Joe Swash won Dancing On Ice earlier this year, it wouldn’t surprise me if Bill Bailey or Jamie Laing won the competition.

Yes, sometimes viewers vote for personalities rather than the best dancers.

Well Ranvir Singh , the tv presenter, voted out last night by the panel of judges. It’s now HRVY, Maisie,  Jamie, and Bill Bailey in the final. My vote is on HRVY to win. Besides being an excellent dancer, because the final is decided by the viewers votes and  as most voters are women, he should easily win. Although  Maisie could also take the trophy, if he makes any mistakes.

Shirley Ballas has got some explaining to do.

She scored Ranvir higher than Jamie in the show and then reversed that order in the dance off to save Jamie. 

The judges this year have been pants. Praising everyone in equal measure and chucking out 10's left right and centre. Giving a total of 24 many, many times. They are then absolved of responsibility when it comes to choosing who goes in the dance off. Well, its come back and bitten them in the arse this week.

2 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

She scored Ranvir higher than Jamie in the show and then reversed that order in the dance off to save Jamie. 

Shirley and Anton have both done that, exasperating as it's not a surprise any more,  and I agree re Claudia Winkleman - I was thinking that she seems to have carved out for herself a bigger say than Tess!

On 14/12/2020 at 14:33, Flanker7 said:

We hated that. She said she voted for the person "who wanted it more and was more determined"

How did she know that? Is she psychic? What did she want Ranvir to do, suddenly start doing leaps and throws during a waltz?

Jamie has done a majority of silly dances and you really cannot compare goofing around with Ranvir's beautiful ballroom frame.

5 hours ago, taxman said:

We hated that. She said she voted for the person "who wanted it more and was more determined"

How did she know that? Is she psychic? What did she want Ranvir to do, suddenly start doing leaps and throws during a waltz?

Jamie has done a majority of silly dances and you really cannot compare goofing around with Ranvir's beautiful ballroom frame.

I agree. Her vote shouldn’t have gone on the remarks she made about them “ wanting it more and were more determined.” Her marks should have gone on the dance off itself.  

Jamie doing Hercles... It was rubbish the first time and worse this time. Absolutely garbage 

1 hour ago, taxman said:

Jamie doing Hercles... It was rubbish the first time and worse this time. Absolutely garbage 

I agree, I just didn’t “ get it” .

So happy for Bill and Oti,  loved their Argentine Tango (my favourite dance)