Burglaries Around Hillsborough

On 01/11/2019 at 06:11, Halibut said:

There's something simple round here - but it isn't me.

Try reading it again - the post I was responding too said ''Our local Co-op has been burgled 5 times this year. They are holding the assistants up with knives, and taking the money out of the till.''

Holding somebody up with a knife and taking money out of the till is robbery.

Yes give it a rest now halibut 

Round about where I live - S6 but now willing to give exact location - we have known that people are trying doors around 3am most mornings.

They are opportunistic and are looking for a quick in and out, wanting car keys but also anything they can carry out of value such as a laptop.

Some of us are trying to sort out some kind of group to set up cameras etc but not many seem willing to help despite us all having the same problem.

11 hours ago, YourTech said:

Round about where I live - S6 but now willing to give exact location - we have known that people are trying doors around 3am most mornings.

They are opportunistic and are looking for a quick in and out, wanting car keys but also anything they can carry out of value such as a laptop.

Some of us are trying to sort out some kind of group to set up cameras etc but not many seem willing to help despite us all having the same problem.

That could explain the noise I heard the other morning around 3 a.m. - my neighbour has a gate that clangs like a bell when it moves (great for me when they leave at 5.15 a.m. :-/) - I didn't see anything when I looked out though, maybe the noise frightened them off...

I did a search for burglaries in Hillsborough as they are definitely on the increase again

1 hour ago, Findlay said:

I did a search for burglaries in Hillsborough as they are definitely on the increase again

loads in Walkley and Crookes too. Someone even had a gang kick their front door in whilst they were in the house and got the car keys. Police need to do something before someone gets hurt (and if this does happen I really hope its the gang that ends up hurt, after they pick on the wrong householder who is able to fight back).

I was visiting Sheffield for a few days and stayed with someone who lives on Dixon Road, Hillsborough, they said there’s been a lot of burglaries in the area.