Did Anyone Live On Adsett Street?

hi i lived on adsett st right next to the steel  works i think it was no 35 opposite the bottom  of draper st  my name was peter yates ours was the big yard we always had a big bonfire in the yard my grand parents lived on draper st no 26 they were called nellie and john brown alxo i remember the prince of wales pub when the sutters had it i had a saturday job cleaning out the fireplaces out anc making the fire if i remember right they had a mynah bird

Edited by nikki-red

the oldhams lived at the corner house opposite prince of waleson the dead end end

my friends had the PoW in the late 60s until it was demolished Roger and Sylvia Shaw

On 06/10/2019 at 20:09, gaz 786 said:

Sure that bird was owned by Dennis cornthwaite it used to swear like a good un we lived on Clevedon St thi k you lived near askhams? 

I worked with a Bill Askham at Sandersons in the 60s.

Can you remember Keith Broughton who lived next to the "Prince" on Addsetts street and the Sheldons who lived on Bland Street I think?

i think i remember keith the person i remember had a nickname snakey if that helps

no relation buller rigby but all  my family lived in grimesthorpe my grandparents lived on draper st and was called brown

16 hours ago, yatesace said:

i think i remember keith the person i remember had a nickname snakey if that helps

No, I never knew him as snakey.

I lived at number 5 from birth in 1943 until moving to Shiregreen in 1958. 

Hi long shot here..  but did anyone live on adsett street Grimesthorpe near number 4 ?.we think thats  the house my grandad lived at for awhile back in the early 70s. Was a Tall fella dark hair name was Francis Roy humpreys.. the house apparently had an gas explosion with a door flung off and hit him in side of face/neck . I’ve heard caused by whites demolition hit a gas pipe .just that I never got to see him has he Sadly passed in 75 year before I was born. So if any one knew of him plz tell 😀. I’m tying to gather some information ect ... so any information greatly appreciated Thanks guys n girls 

Edited by Marley1976

i lived at no6 and my sister at no4, the flemmings at no8 and the butchers at no10 an old lady lived at no2 but i cannot remember her name, i was born there in 1938 and left the area in about 1970