Katie Hopkins

Personally, I wouldn't class what she says as 'hate speech'. She has extreme views and opinions and I really can't stand her, but by allowing her to air those views we get a feel for the nature of the beast and it allows us to like or dislike someone because we know what they're thinking.

I'd rather someone say their thoughts, no matter how horrendous, as that way at least you know the real person. If she dressed up her views to be more palatable for the majority, isn't that more dangerous?

This is easy for you to say, presuming you are not the target of her hatred. Try being of Roma heritage in Italy right now - the hate speech of Salvini and his type is making Roma people very fearful, physical attacks have increased significantly since he took office. Likewise the women who were assaulted after Boris Johnson published his Islamophobic hate piece. The people who have the most right to comment on how hate speech should be dealt with are those who it affects the most.

You forgot Anjem Choudry and Abu Hamza :suspect:

Yup those annall, sadly extremism and hate speech is on the increase on both sides, but sadly after the likes of choudry and hooky and the like being dealt with there's now a surge of support for the likes of Tommy Robinson, farage, bojo, Hopkins, trump etc

I'm not supporter of her views - but i see we're victim blaming now. According to the op's title her behaviour has brought about her demise.

Mmmmm isn't that something that is always argued against on here - it isn't the victims fault.

She deserves to have an iva if she can't manage her money and deserves to be sued for her vile attack on another person. But there are thousands of people and just as bad with money - but i'm sure we'd normally direct them to help and defend their lifestyle choices for getting in a mess.

Katie Hopkins isn't a victim. She's a perpetrator - and thus your post is pointless.

You forgot Anjem Choudry and Abu Hamza :suspect:

I doubt if Mair or Osborne would have had spent much time listening to either of them.

At least you are accepting that Choudry and Hamza are as bad as Robinson, Frantzen and Goulding.

Hard to argue against that being just deserts but hopefully it will lead her to reflecting and becoming a better person; but I won't hold my breath.

Some very wise and dignified comments from Monroe, which I'm sure will make Hopkins even more angrymad :)

It should be obvious to everyone now that Monroe is much the better human of the two

Katie Hopkins isn't a victim. She's a perpetrator - and thus your post is pointless.

Maybe in YOUR opinion ,and the opinion of the politically correct obsessed ,but its not everyones.

Correct. But I wish her no malice because that would make me as bad as her.

Yes it would, nice to see you are above that :thumbsup:

Maybe in YOUR opinion ,and the opinion of the politically correct obsessed ,but its not everyones.

There's no discussion to be had about it - she lied about Miss Monroe, who called her out and said she'd accept an apology and a donation of five grand to a charity for migrants and if the apology and donation were not forthcoming Miss Monroe would sue.

Hopkins chose not to aoplogise, got sued and lost. And you appear to be suggesting she's hard done to somehow?

Yes it would, nice to see you are above that :thumbsup:

But surely there's a line when we can wish ill on someone, like a graph or something (you can tell I'm an expert on this). Hitler for example you would set on fire, Hopkins perhaps is reduced to working as an amazon delivery driver and living in a top floor flat on a rough estate?

It's the judge's opinion which counts, and he ruled that Hopkins comments were libellous.

Nothing to do with political correctness.

---------- Post added 17-09-2018 at 19:18 ----------

But surely there's a line when we can wish ill on someone, like a graph or something (you can tell I'm an expert on this). Hitler for example you would set on fire, Hopkins perhaps is reduced to working as an amazon delivery driver and living in a top floor flat on a rough estate?

You're far too kind. I think a stint on unemployment benefit is in order; especially that she's been so nasty to benefit claimants in the past!

Hopefully her kids won't have to endure that.

Hopefully her kids won't have to endure that.

Hopefully her kids will marry Muslims. Fat Muslims.