Katie Hopkins

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I'll concede the Twitter following bit as I've never had an account, (that's now clearly obvious), I don't know how it works. 

You dont want to its horrible, i have an account but dont use it, i was forced into using it for job search when i was last unemployed, its actually made to talk small amounts of stuff constantly, unlike say forums where you can post as much or as little as you like

Edited by melthebell

7 hours ago, casualbystander said:

same commercial decision that tried to ban POTUS? well well free speech being censored eh? seems some are more free to speak than others eh?

Try learning the difference between free speech and hate speech. It would help.

I saw her on Celeb Big Brother,  picking at certain people to start with to get a reaction then steamed in with all the venom she could muster creating more air time. :roll:

Guest makapaka

She is a mean spirited racist snob.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Try learning the difference between free speech and hate speech. It would help.

It would be helpful if we had an exact definition of "hate speech". 

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

ok since you cant...i'll play along

https://www.cps.gov.uk/hate-crime

Umm, thanks for sharing general description of hate crime. Now can you explain how does it apply to "hate SPEECH"?

4 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Umm, thanks for sharing general description of hate crime. Now can you explain how does it apply to "hate SPEECH"?

She attacked people for claiming to be depressed. That's hateful in my book.

Do you agree with her opinions on those suffering from depression?

25 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

She attacked people for claiming to be depressed. That's hateful in my book.

Do you agree with her opinions on those suffering from depression?

I don't think I've read all her comments on that but from what I've read - no, I don't agree with her. Although I think she had one valid comment regarding the overuse of antidepressants.

In any case, I wouldn't call it "hate speech".

Just now, Branyy said:

I don't think I've read all her comments on that but from what I've read - no, I don't agree with her. Although I think she had one valid comment regarding the overuse of antidepressants.

In any case, I wouldn't call it "hate speech".

Well, it’s not up to you.  It’s up to Twitter.

Or do you assume free speech implies the ability to say whatever you want on someone else’s platform?

Before asking for a definition of hate speech perhaps look up freedom of speech yourself.

39 minutes ago, Branyy said:

hate speech is speaking it...glad to be of help

7 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Well, it’s not up to you.  It’s up to Twitter.

Or do you assume free speech implies the ability to say whatever you want on someone else’s platform?

Before asking for a definition of hate speech perhaps look up freedom of speech yourself.

I'm aware of what free speech means.

I'm not disputing Twitter's decision, I don't know what their rules are, I don't really care, and it's a private platform anyway.

My point is that labeling something as "hate speech" is very vague and in most cases it sounds like "opinions that oppose mine".