Katie Hopkins

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, kidley said:

Let me educate you, when you say somebody is correct it does "NOT" mean you agree with them, what it does mean is they are (in this case)  speaking the truth and, they are correct in saying it. other wise they would be sued by the people whome she was talking about, also she would have been sacked by her paper job if she was not speaking the truth, whether you-me-or anybody els agrees with it.

So you think she’s correct but you don’t agree with her. Glad that’s cleared up.

now who is going to sue her - the Muslim people she says have turned the capital into somewhere she describes as “londonistan”.

Do you think newspapers sack people for not telling the truth - well everything the papers say must be true then. presumably you believe all the “lefty” press then? 

Are you ready to reject social equality yet or admit your a bit of a lefty too?

12 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Despite your efforts to divert the "facts", trust me if the forum  (or the lefties that post on it) get any closer to Corbyn, they will have to don flippers to get any further up his backside.

Angel1.

So where are all the “righties”  presumably they just don’t post on here?

3 hours ago, kidley said:

Are you drunk

Are you always this rude?

If you don’t agree with someone who is telling the truth (eg Katie H), I thought that you might agree with someone who was telling lies.

Its logical.

"Katie Olivia Hopkins is an English media personality, columnist and former businesswoman. She was a contestant on the third series of The Apprentice in 2007, and following further appearances in the media, she became a columnist for British national newspapers. "

The above is the introduction to Hopkins' Wikipedia profile.  It tells you all you need to know with what's wrong with the UK's media obsession of nonenties, who rather than just being ignored or sidelined, are followed by many, sheeplike. 

Don't be outraged by the likes of Hopkins, just ignore her & within a short time her 'career' will dry up & blow away. 

As for her 'Londonistan' reference, that's not even an original thought.  I believe it can be attributed to a French politician from the early 1990's in reference to Abu Hamza. 

Edited by Baron99

Guest makapaka
22 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

"Katie Olivia Hopkins is an English media personality, columnist and former businesswoman. She was a contestant on the third series of The Apprentice in 2007, and following further appearances in the media, she became a columnist for British national newspapers. "

The above is the introduction to Hopkins' Wikipedia profile.  It tells you all you need to know with what's wrong with the UK's media obsession of nonenties, who rather than just being ignored or sidelined, are followed by many, sheeplike. 

Don't be outraged by the likes of Hopkins, just ignore her & within a short time her 'career' will dry up & blow away. 

As for her 'Londonistan' reference, that's not even an original thought.  I believe it can be attributed to a French politician from the early 1990's in reference to Abu Hamza. 

I would agree - except rather than being some z list celeb with people following her to see what she’s having for tea - she’s perpetuating radical views to people who believe her......

a failed apprentice contestant who said she wouldn’t let her kids play with other kids dependent on their names, who said that she would rather be grabbed by the pussy than have a pussy for president.  Who stirs up hatred wilfully and refers to people as cockwombles who are scared of her when questioned. 

Disgraceful. 

Edited by makapaka

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

A quick google gives 37% of Londoners as non British, whatever that means. Just saying, as ethnicity is NOT mentioned. Hope I have read the figures correctly as it's bed time and I'm creamcrackered.

Angel1.

Wouldn't Katie's next best move (purely from a PR point of view) be to turn over a new leaf now?

I mean, is she were to renounce her past vilification of those less fortunate than herself, and make a song and dance about going out of her way to actually help those people; wouldn't that be great PR for her, and help keep her in the spotlight?

Maybe it wouldn't come across as sincere though, who knows...

People go a long way in order to draw attention to themselves; totally makes sense that she should change tack now that her current modus oper-whatever isn't working so well.

Apparently Ireland has their own version of Hopkins. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mixed-race-couple-lidl-ad-20523978

At one time such people were ignored as idiots, now they are treated as media demigods, who's views are to be taken 'seriously', in their own heads at least. 

Edited by Baron99

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Apparently Ireland has their own version of Hopkins. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mixed-race-couple-lidl-ad-20523978

At one time such people were ignored as idiots, now they are treated as media demigods, who's views are to be taken 'seriously', in their own heads at least. 

I like people like Hopkins and so on. I don't always agree with people like them or if I'm being honest pay too much notice to what they believe, to me they're just entertaining. That's why they're always in the spotlight. What's more entertaining ? A panel of people agreeing with each other over a none issue, or having 1 lunatic on that panel willing to argue and say daft stuff? The latter boosts the ratings.

Guest makapaka
54 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

I like people like Hopkins and so on. I don't always agree with people like them or if I'm being honest pay too much notice to what they believe, to me they're just entertaining. That's why they're always in the spotlight. What's more entertaining ? A panel of people agreeing with each other over a none issue, or having 1 lunatic on that panel willing to argue and say daft stuff? The latter boosts the ratings.

Do you think it’s entertaining for a Muslim reading things like this 

“Explosion in France, shooting at a German hospital, knife attack in London. And Ramadan has not yet begun. Without food these sods get nasty.”

Or this

“Muslim men raping white women is consistent with the teaching of Islam. Revoke their citizenship and deport the ********. Asian my arse.”

Theyre all things Katie Hopkins has said -  I don’t think its entertaining.

12 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

A quick google gives 37% of Londoners as non British, whatever that means. Just saying, as ethnicity is NOT mentioned. Hope I have read the figures correctly as it's bed time and I'm creamcrackered.

Angel1.

So why does she refer to it as Londonistan?

Edited by makapaka

54 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Do you think it’s entertaining for a Muslim reading things like this 

“Explosion in France, shooting at a German hospital, knife attack in London. And Ramadan has not yet begun. Without food these sods get nasty.”

Or this

“Muslim men raping white women is consistent with the teaching of Islam. Revoke their citizenship and deport the ********. Asian my arse.”

Theyre all things Katie Hopkins has said -  I don’t think its entertaining.

So why does she refer to it as Londonistan?

You say it's not entertaining, but the fact of the matter is that she draws your attention (she's a troll, that's her job).

I wouldn't be surprised if you gave more of your attention to people like Katie, than to people who are actually trying to do something constructive and helpful for society.

The issue isn't how entertaining she is. The issue is how much of your attention are you giving her? Do you think she (or the media outlets giving her oxygen) care one hoot if you love or revile her? No, they crave (because they monetise) your attention.

Edited by Waldo

Guest makapaka
17 minutes ago, Waldo said:

You say it's not entertaining, but the fact of the matter is that she draws your attention (she's a troll, that's her job).

I wouldn't be surprised if you gave more of your attention to people like Katie, than to people who are actually trying to do something constructive and helpful for society.

The issue isn't how entertaining she is. The issue is how much of your attention are you giving her? Do you think she (or the media outlets giving her oxygen) care one hoot if you love or revile her? No, they crave (because they monetise) your attention.

I’ve heard this argument before and it doesn’t make sense.

yes if everyone in the world ignored her she wouldn’t have a platform.

but she is given that platform because some people don’t ignore her - they are influenced by her. They believe what she says - as evidenced in the recent posts on this thread.

Now my ignoring Katie Hopkins is not going to

help prevent these people being influenced by her - or try to make people understand why what she says/does is wrong is it?

5 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’ve heard this argument before and it doesn’t make sense.

yes if everyone in the world ignored her she wouldn’t have a platform.

but she is given that platform because some people don’t ignore her - they are influenced by her. They believe what she says - as evidenced in the recent posts on this thread.

Now my ignoring Katie Hopkins is not going to

help prevent these people being influenced by her - or try to make people understand why what she says/does is wrong is it?

I would suggest, what you're not ignoring her is going to do is to raise her profile and focus even more attention on her; enabling her to spread her insidious views even further.

Everyone would be better off for having more people focus on more postive role-models. Sadly, people don't seem to like doing that, no idea why not.