Katie Hopkins

He's right that there is no such thing as racism?

Really

I don't think he said that.

I don't think he said that.

He disagreed with my statement that if a view is racist then that is a fact not a matter of opinion. By implication, he is claiming that there is no such thing as racism, simply opinions that you may or may not agree with.

The logical extension of that is that if a person was in court charged with say racial discrimination or racially aggravated harassment, they would simply have to say "In my opinion my action wasn't racist" and they would then have to be acquitted in all cases regardless of any evidence offered.

I'm sure that there are people on this forum who wish that this were the case but the law says otherwise. Interestingly, in UKIP's manifesto announced yesterday was a proposal to remove the crime of race hate from the statute books.

He disagreed with my statement that if a view is racist then that is a fact not a matter of opinion. By implication, he is claiming that there is no such thing as racism, simply opinions that you may or may not agree with.

The logical extension of that is that if a person was in court charged with say racial discrimination or racially aggravated harassment, they would simply have to say "In my opinion my action wasn't racist" and they would then have to be acquitted in all cases regardless of any evidence offered.

I'm sure that there are people on this forum who wish that this were the case but the law says otherwise. Interestingly, in UKIP's manifesto announced yesterday was a proposal to remove the crime of race hate from the statute books.

Keyword in your example is "evidence".

If you label someone as a racist, it's up to you to provide the evidence, it doesn't make the person racist just because you said it.

Just an example - cartoon of Serena Williams was described (e.g. by her husband) as racist and sexist. Where's the evidence?

Science still doesn't have all the facts. Much of modern science is theory-based.

The very fact that you'd say this just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of science and of what a theory is.

---------- Post added 22-09-2018 at 08:57 ----------

er.......... I hope it shows others you cant just go round saying what you like about others (especially when its wrong) without consequences.......

Get it?

Nope, you're making no sense.

Are you on drugs?

If a view is racist, homophobic or misogynistic that is what is. It doesn't depend on who is calling it that. It's not a matter of opinion it is a matter of fact. :suspect:

No I'm not on drugs, it's triggered lefties like you who are all too often very quick to label people. I can only assume it gives you some sense of moral superiority, a bit like the University educated types v the working class, try getting over your own paranoia, you seem to be on here 24/7 these days, something must be eating you up :suspect:

The personal comments can end now.

Back on topic please.

Guest makapaka

Vile woman. Full of hate and prejudice.

given a media platform via twitter et al.

entitled to free speech - but why give her the platform.

twitter should remove her account.

53 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Vile woman. Full of hate and prejudice.

given a media platform via twitter et al.

entitled to free speech - but why give her the platform.

twitter should remove her account.

That is your opinion makapaka and, i am NOT sticking up for K.H, i have seen and heard her on the media and, the things she has said are overwhelmingly correct otherwise, she would not have kept her job so long and been sued by all the people whome she disliked, and as for as i know she never had the amount of complaints that kept her out of the media, bearing that in mind, she must have had alot of people who supported what she said. thats enough to think about for know. just putting a little bit of the other side. i say again this is not in support of katie hopkins     

7 minutes ago, kidley said:

i say again this is not in support of katie hopkins     

Yes it is.

Just now, Pettytom said:

Yes it is.

more information please

6 minutes ago, kidley said:

more information please

16 minutes ago, kidley said:

That is your opinion makapaka and, i am NOT sticking up for K.H, i have seen and heard her on the media and, the things she has said are overwhelmingly correct otherwise, she would not have kept her job so long and been sued by all the people whome she disliked, and as for as i know she never had the amount of complaints that kept her out of the media, bearing that in mind, she must have had alot of people who supported what she said. thats enough to think about for know. just putting a little bit of the other side. i say again this is not in support of katie hopkins     

8 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Yes it is.

Looks like the divide here is very much like the Brexit divide, with the lefties spewing their bile on anyone who dares have a different opinion to them. Shame on you for been as bad as the Hopkins woman, a plague on all your houses. A sad reflection how this forum now leans unashamedly towards the lefties, my opinion of course.

Angel1.