Katie Hopkins

And the constant portrayal by people like you that everyone right of Jezza, the Guardian and the BBC is racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, misogynistic etc is exactly why people like Hopkins, Farage, Trump, Robinson, Milo, Ann Marie Waters, Jordan Peterson et al are listened to and often agreed with …. get it ?

None of the so called liberal lefty pc types can cope with or listen to criticism, you need to portray everything as hate and try to get discussion closed down, keep sticking your fingers in your ears unless they agree with you, you can't cope with the background noise or see the bigger picture :roll:

---------- Post added 21-09-2018 at 09:12 ----------

They are the reason she get's airtime though !

---------- Post added 21-09-2018 at 09:13 ----------

Most political agendas are based on lies and mistruths mel your old enough to know that surely !

So the left are responsible she gets airtime?

Okay....She was a 'columnist' in the Daily Mail and the Sun. She had a show on LBC. She also 'writes' for the Canadian website The Rebel Media. She also airs her nastiness via Twitter.

The Daily Mail, The Sun and Rebel Media are not renowned left wing outlets. You'd also be hard pressed to define LBC and Twitter as left wing.

Your blaming the left for Katie Hopkins, is nothing more than simple deflection. I ask again what happened to the right's idea of personal responsibility? Or is that a concept for others to follow?

And the constant portrayal by people like you that everyone right of Jezza, the Guardian and the BBC is racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, misogynistic etc is exactly why people like Hopkins, Farage, Trump, Robinson, Milo, Ann Marie Waters, Jordan Peterson et al are listened to and often agreed with …. get it ?

Your logic is non existent. You're claiming that people like and agree with what these right wingers say because others call their views racist, homophobic et al.

That's patently ridiculous. The reason some people like and agree with the like of Trump, Milo and co. is because they share their racist, homophobic, misogynistic and Islamophobic views - and because when 'celebrities' share noxious ideas it reinforces them.

Your logic is non existent. You're claiming that people like and agree with what these right wingers say because others call their views racist, homophobic et al.

That's patently ridiculous. The reason some people like and agree with the like of Trump, Milo and co. is because they share their racist, homophobic, misogynistic and Islamophobic views - and because when 'celebrities' share noxious ideas it reinforces them.

Or, maybe it's not that they agree, they're just sick of having an alternative view and being called a Nazi etc.

Having an alternative view and opinion on something doesn't automatically make you -ist or phobic.

Don't you think by calling someone a Nazi who simply has the opinion that black people aren't as oppressed as 50 years ago, it belittles the term 'Nazi'? There's a vast difference between that and what Hitler promoted.

So the left are responsible she gets airtime?

Okay....She was a 'columnist' in the Daily Mail and the Sun. She had a show on LBC. She also 'writes' for the Canadian website The Rebel Media. She also airs her nastiness via Twitter.

The Daily Mail, The Sun and Rebel Media are not renowned left wing outlets. You'd also be hard pressed to define LBC and Twitter as left wing.

Your blaming the left for Katie Hopkins, is nothing more than simple deflection. I ask again what happened to the right's idea of personal responsibility? Or is that a concept for others to follow?

I will try and explain.

You understand that the left and right oppose each other, the left dislikes opinion held by those on the right and the right dislikes opinion held by those on the the left …. generally speaking.

Therefore it is reasonable to assume that they goad and wind each other up and provoke responses from each other on various issues via their media outlets ….. very much like on here.

Now lets look at this example; I respond to you and others and you respond to me and others and vice versa, round and round we go, so basically these tit for tat responses create our 'airtime' on here ….. are you getting my drift yet ?

---------- Post added 21-09-2018 at 20:46 ----------

Wow!

That is some serious paranoia! :o

Get a grip :roll:

---------- Post added 21-09-2018 at 20:48 ----------

Many of their views are only racist, homophobic, misogynistic et al to people like you, sharing your ridiculous logic, go figure !

Edited by Michael_W

I will try and explain.

You understand that the left and right oppose each other, the left dislikes opinion held by those on the right and the right dislikes opinion held by those on the the left …. generally speaking.

Therefore it is reasonable to assume that they goad and wind each other up and provoke responses from each other on various issues via their media outlets ….. very much like on here.

Now lets look at this example; I respond to you and others and you respond to me and others and vice versa, round and round we go, so basically these tit for tat responses create our 'airtime' on here ….. are you getting my drift yet ?

---------- Post added 21-09-2018 at 20:46 ----------

Get a grip :roll:

---------- Post added 21-09-2018 at 20:48 ----------

Many of their views are only racist, homophobic, misogynistic et al to people like you, sharing your ridiculous logic, go figure !

You're correct that Katie Hopkins likes to wind people up, and has, up until now, made a very good living from it. Like I said, she's nothing more than a glorified troll. But she has tested the very limits of free speech, and she has wound up in court as a result. Is Jack Munroe to blame for the libel committed on her by Hopkins? No, of course not. And the judge doesn't seem to think so either.

It is perfectly possible to have a debate between left and right that is engaging, relevant and constructive. Katie Hopkins isn't interested in any of that. She wants to use the elevated position she has to spit her venom. Nothing to do with left vs right. Just sheer poison.

Blaming those who call out the oppressor does nothing to target the blame where it fairly and squarely lies - with Hopkins. It just gives the likes of her free reign to continue to spit her venom and be blame free. Blaming Hopkins on the left is a nonsense, and you know it.

Edited by Mister M

Are you on drugs?

If a view is racist, homophobic or misogynistic that is what is. It doesn't depend on who is calling it that. It's not a matter of opinion it is a matter of fact. :suspect:

Are you on drugs?

If a view is racist, homophobic or misogynistic that is what is. It doesn't depend on who is calling it that. It's not a matter of opinion it is a matter of fact. :suspect:

Got to , respectfully , disagree with you on that one

Got to , respectfully , disagree with you on that one

Are we now living in some weird Trumpian world of alternative facts where a fact becomes simply an opinion?

Just as well science, medicine and engineering are still firmly rooted in the real world!

Are you on drugs?

'There is no gender pay gap'

To some, this is a sexist claim because they believe it is false. To some, it is a truth and so not sexist.

I personally think 'gender fluidity' is a load of rubbish and nothing more than a bunch of people with nothing better to do than try amd rock the establishment.

I'm not 'phobic' as in i don't have an irrational feat of these people. And nothing as yet has 'proven' that there are more than two genders other than a bunch of people claiming it's true. Where are the 'facts' that these people are right and i'm 'phobic'?

---------- Post added 21-09-2018 at 22:46 ----------

Are we now living in some weird Trumpian world of alternative facts where a fact becomes simply an opinion?

Just as well science, medicine and engineering are still firmly rooted in the real world!

Science still doesn't have all the facts. Much of modern science is theory-based.

Why constantly bring Trump into the argument ? I can call my gay friend ,a P..f , he is not offended by it, believe me he is very forthright and would tell me if he thought I was being offensive but in your world that makes me homophobic .

Well, he's right. (Twice in an evening - this has to stop)

Some examples I can think of the top of my head. Boris and the burkha in the telegraph. Spiteful, yes, needless, yes. Racist? I didn't think so, others did. The cheekiest monkey in the jungle t shirt advert - I forget the brand, Gap maybe. I thought it was thoughtless, others thought it was harmless, some absolutely knew it was racist.

There will be countless others. Antisemitism is another that's often a debatable standpoint as well. A lot are cast iron racist, sexist etc. Others are not.

Well, he's right. (Twice in an evening - this has to stop)

He's right that there is no such thing as racism?

Really