Notification Problem On My Phone.

I have purchased a dual sim Samsung A 10 and I'm having a problem of only getting notifications from some of my contacts on whatsapp and also when I get emails. I have searched online for a solution but don't seem to be able to find one.  One I looked at said if Data saver isn't switched on then that  can cause the problem. Does using Data saver cost money?

I only have the phone for calls and Whatsapp so don't use it very often.  Thank you for any information. Alan.

Whatsapp is based on phone number,  are you using two different Whatsapp accounts, one for each sim? If you are trying to use the same account with 2 different numbers you may have issues.

23 hours ago, alan p said:

I have purchased a dual sim Samsung A 10 and I'm having a problem of only getting notifications from some of my contacts on whatsapp and also when I get emails. I have searched online for a solution but don't seem to be able to find one.  One I looked at said if Data saver isn't switched on then that  can cause the problem. Does using Data saver cost money?

I only have the phone for calls and Whatsapp so don't use it very often.  Thank you for any information. Alan.

Do you mean that you get the whatsapp messages but don't get a notification tone all the time? This is happening to me and a lot of other people I know.

Hello Andy/Kidneystone. Thank you both for getting back to me, I do have 2 Whatsapp accounts on my phone so will delete one and see if that helps. Yes thats what is happening sometimes the phone gives a tone for some of my contacts and not others. I have looked in the setting and  they are all ticked to allow sound and notification. Thanks again. Alan.